redue 4 year old mount

Submitted by David Shoaff on 2/20/00. ( ) 216.77.211.168

I am disappointed with the mount that I choose for my largest deer. The taxidermist did a great job, but the antlers are hidden by the type of mount it is. Is it possible to reuse the same cape to have it remounted on a different form ?

Return to Category Menu

REDO A MOUNT

This response submitted by DON on 2/21/00. ( ) 152.163.188.194

David,

im afraid you will need a fresh cape and have it mounted in such a way as to emphasize the rack. i have never seen a cape that has been on a form for any length of time that could be rehydrated and used on a different form.maybe someone has a magic formula for this problem, and if they do i'd like to hear it. hope things work out for you.
DON

How About...

This response submitted by Lianne B. on 2/21/00. ( deerodeer@worldnet.att.net ) 12.67.16.6

Dave,
Would it be possible to put your deer head on a pedestal type stand in such a way to display the antlers better?

Don- Remounting

This response submitted by Scott on 3/14/00. ( BoothesTaxidermy@aol.com ) 152.163.188.198

Don, it can be done 'if'...I'm in the process of doing a mount thats at least 7-8 years old. I had some advice from a reputable taxidermist. If you want, mail me and I'll pass it along. However,my mount was done 'supposedly'by someone who was supposed to know what they were doing and the mount was shrinking bigtime with it's ears on it's back and chinese eyes. I figure remounting sure couldn't look any worse. I found when origanally mounted, alot of steps for the process was missing. Now I know why I mount my own. So far so good. Any help...Scott

Return to Category Menu