How mich is a cape worth

Submitted by Jim P. on 2/12/01. ( ) 136.141.2.14

I read in an earlier post that a guy paid 195 bucks for a 7 1/2 x 21 deer cape. Is this what I can expect to pay for a cape in the event a cape is lost at the tannery or I somehow lose one. If so I have been way underinsuring my packages at the post office.

Return to Category Menu

supplie and demand

This response submitted by Dave on 2/12/01. ( stufer856@aol.com ) 205.188.208.101

I would say this all goes back to supplie and demand. I have had years where I would pay the price of what I charge for a wt deer shoulder mount ,just for the cape. If I really needed it that bad. And really wanted the client off my a--.Then there are years that I can pick up 21" cape for $30.00 raw. all depends on how bad and how readily available capes are when you need them.

shop around

This response submitted by Elmer on 2/13/01. ( Topstaxidermy@aol.com ) 205.188.208.141

He is right how bad do you want it. But if you shop around a cape that size could be had for much less. I look for a fair price for a large cape expect to pay for it 21 is not that large but a nice size cape. Try buying a 23 or 24 inch cape at the C measurement tanned.ed

Return to Category Menu