Just tried the epo-grip glue

Submitted by Tony on 2/14/01. ( tholder85@yahoo.com ) 216.229.196.19

I am sold! I have tried several different hide pastes and the epoxy from epo-grip is the ticket, as far as I am concerned. If you are looking for a good glue and haven't tried it yet, I suggest you give it a try. I have used several different glues and this is the only one I have found that requires no pinning or nailing. When you work it down into the detail on the form, it is there! Yeah, it is a little more expensive than some, but the time I save by not having to pin it makes up for this. Not saying that there are not others out there that work as good, but I don't think there are any that work any better. Steve is also a nice guy to deal with, from what I have seen. Just thought I would put my two cents worth in just in case there was someone out there looking for a good glue.

Tony

Return to Category Menu

You can sculpt muscles in that are not there.

This response submitted by John C on 2/14/01. ( ) 208.44.115.61

I have been playing around with EPO-GRIP just to see what it will do, I put muscles into a form that were not there. THe tears ducks are exactly as I left them last week, i.e. nothing has moved the deer is dry.

This beats LOCK TITE hand down, I have never seen a glue that you can oput on thick this way that really held as advertized.

Currently looking at price of EPO-GRIP products verses Wallyworld stuff etc. Will do a posting on it as soon as I am done. John C

will it work with DP

This response submitted by Dan on 2/14/01. ( ) 64.12.96.236

will it work with dry preservative?

I hate to say this...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 2/14/01. ( ) 152.163.189.103

...but we TOLD you so! Glad to hear you enjoy it, good luck!

Dave Says

This response submitted by Dave Taylor on 2/15/01. ( mastertaxidermist@jam.rr.com ) 24.164.216.51

Dan,

Yes, it works great with DP, and I certainly recommend it.

Remember--you should flesh, wash, DP, then TUMBLE before mounting.
and do them in that EXACT order for best results. tumbling after applying the dp will remove the excess preservative and moisture, which could
interfere with adhesion.

But you will like this stuff. if your skin isn't too tight, this is
about the only product that you can use with DP with NO carding.

it has excellent tack after just a couple of hours.

Good luck
Dave

Return to Category Menu