epo grip glue

Submitted by dan on 2/14/01. ( imnew21072243441@aol.com ) 205.188.208.138

Can the epo grip be used with dry preservative?
Who carries it?

Return to Category Menu

glue

This response submitted by * on 2/14/01. ( ) 205.188.209.140

just buy some 5 min two part glue. if it smells, looks and dose the same it is. a rose by any other name is still a rose

* is full of #$%^^

This response submitted by George on 2/14/01. ( Georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.140

Dan,
Epo-Grip Hide Adhesive IS NOT 5 minute epoxy. They do sell a 5 minute that is about half the price that the rocket scientist * wants you to buy, but their hide adhesive is made especially for taxidermy work. It is about the only epoxy that I'm aware of that was made with the DP taxidermist in mind, though you will need to cover your manniken 100% and not just the nooks and crannies (That's recommended on ALL taxidermy work, by the way). Once applied, you have about 6 hours before the paste begins to kick (Less if the temperature is above 75 degrees and more if it is below 65 degrees).

And even better, * would never recognize it because it HAS NO SMELL. (All epoxies are NOT alike!). You can buy it direct from Newton Supply at 1-800-888-2467.

George!

This response submitted by marty on 2/14/01. ( meshimkus@home.com ) 24.181.196.143

George, you need to take a chill pill! Lighten up my man, it ain't worth the shortened life span!

NOt to mention a hell of a lot cheaper too

This response submitted by John C on 2/14/01. ( ) 208.44.115.36

Five minute does not have the body that EPO-GRIP has there fore you can do more with EPO-GRIP, and when you figure wally world prices verse NEWTON SUPPLY prices, NEWTON BEATS wally world hands down including shipping! not to mention 6 hours working time with EPO-GRIP!

geo

This response submitted by * on 2/14/01. ( ) 152.163.188.40

he asked of epo would work with dp epo dose make a two part 5 min
glue get a grip you @.if steve gave me free stuff i'd say it was good too

*, I'll let Steve Tell you

This response submitted by George on 2/14/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.140

I tell everyone, and Steve accepts it, that I use the very best materials available on the market today to make my crappy work look as good as possible. I use it, no matter where it comes from or who sells it. Epo-Grip is it, but Steve knows that if there comes something better, my allegiance is fickle. But for your information, Ain't nothing in life ever Free and if you've been buying the 5 minute stuff to mount animals, then I already know you've been sniffing too many fumes.

John Rinehart supply has it

This response submitted by Todd B on 2/14/01. ( trigger@indy.net ) 209.183.72.183

Or get a hold of Newton Supply.

Todd B

Epo

This response submitted by idiot on 2/14/01. ( ) 152.163.188.40

sorry but than is epo's 5 min stuff no good is that what your saying

George

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 2/15/01. ( ) 152.163.189.104

Ahhh, its almost spring, and already the new wave of forum dumb bells has arrived, complete with their cheap shots and lack of real names. The guys who want to improve their work get what you are saying about the differences in adhesives, Geo, dont worry about that.

Hang in there George

This response submitted by Dave Toms on 2/15/01. ( ) 198.26.130.37

While I still use Buckeye for the majority of my mounts, I do use epo grip for earliners and I have used 5 minute stuff. It will all work in a pinch but it does not compare ot Epo Grip. Ears use to be a problem for me....... did you hear what i said? Use to be. Thanks Steve for your fine line of epoxies and George for making most of us aware of it. George not matter what you say here someone is going to take offense to it (remember my DP post? whew I was lucky to get out of that with my hide intact lol). Anyway, if folks want to keep using DP, dextrine and 5 minute epoxy I say go for it..... just let me know what booth yours will be in at the shows so I can set up next to ya.....

Dave

George,

This response submitted by Leanna on 2/15/01. ( ) 209.98.65.72

I think what * is smelling, is the rose that fell out of his * .

Dave Says

This response submitted by Dave Taylor on 2/15/01. ( mastertaxidermist@jam.rr.com ) 24.164.216.51

well,
I just answered this on the last post, so anyone that wants to know the best way to use this product with DP can scroll back.

BTW give'm hell George! LOL

Newton Supplies products are by far the best I have seen and

This response submitted by John C on 2/15/01. ( ) 208.44.115.58

used. I have been able to do things with EPO-GRIP I could never do with any other.

Locktite was or is junk as far as I am concerned, to thin set way to quick. You had little control over the mount with it other than just glue.

I took a form that was "Pretty close" procceded to mount a deer on this using EPO-GRIP, I had 8, eight hours of working time, shop was cool, I put in details that are only glue no clay, no modeling other than glue EPO-GRIP.

Now I am not a new comer to cliams by glues, maybe I have used them all, to include bunchs of crap I have mixed up from the hardware store.

I do claim that EPO-GRIP is worth the money, I also think you will save money using it. Time is money I have saved 4 hours on this last deerhead, by using EPO-GRIP at my shop rate of $35.00 per hour thats a cool $140 buck in labor I have saved, enough time for me to almost do a second deer mount, not including fleshing.

Along with that saved money, I feel I have been able to do a lot better job quality wise, everything stayed where I put it. There is no shrinking around the eye, the nose is right where I left it, the lips are where I left them.

After day one I have not had to adjust the deer, nodda, nothing! What more can you ask for in a glue,it sticks, it has modeling texture. It eliminates added work.

Try it on four deerheads, the first one you will learn with the second will suprize you, by the time you save. Then watch out! You will be happy with what happens.

I almost dont want to tell you how good it is. Why. for those of you that have had shrinkage problens this stops the pulling, this stops the need for daily mount attention, this will increase your quality. You will not have enough guts to charge more, you are probley to cheap now, so why would you go up on your prices anyway.

Return to Category Menu