Whiter Throat Patches?

Submitted by John Borot on 2/21/01. ( ) 161.184.41.9

I've heard before that to get your throat patches whiter on WT and MD that you can lightly paint white latex with a airbrush, let it dry and then brush it out. Also that you can mix magnesium carbonate and 30% hydrogen peroxide and paint that on and then brush it out. Has anyone had any experience with either of these, and if so what are your feelings - is it worth trying?

Return to Category Menu

Deer Throats

This response submitted by George on 2/22/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.173

John,
If they want'm with whiter patches, they need to kill'm with whiter patches. Acrylic or latex paint is not going to stick to hair unless you glop it on. If you spray it and then brush it out, that's just what you do: brush it out. Lacquer is no different. Remember, hairspray is basically lacquer and it too brushes out. As for bleaching, remember, deer hair is hollow. It doesn't take bleaching well. Most whitetails really don't have any whiter throat patches than Canada geese do. There is a gray undertone to the hair. My mother warned me about putting windshield wipers on a cat's butt. I think your idea of painting a throat patch would fall into that same category.

Return to Category Menu