Paint on eyes.

Submitted by John on 2/23/01. ( ) 152.163.188.194

I use water based paints in my airbrush for finishing deer. I dont worry about getting paint on the eyes and scrape it off when in dries. I would like to switch back to laquer based paint will the paint scrape off the eyes when it is dry.

Return to Category Menu

Yes

This response submitted by Leanna on 2/23/01. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 209.98.65.72

On glass eyes you can "scrape" the lacquer paint off. On the plastic ones you need to be more carefull and not use any abrasive subjects or you will get scratches.

john

This response submitted by jason on 2/23/01. ( ) 4.54.193.243

simple solution afine point paint brush and a little lacquer thinner carefull not to touch detail work but if u do a little more paint to fix

If not laquer thinner

This response submitted by marty on 2/23/01. ( meshimkus@home.com ) 24.181.196.143

acetone will work using the same brush manner...

Try windex

This response submitted by John C on 2/23/01. ( ) 208.44.115.79

A short stiff bristled artist brush, and windex will remove it, without removing the paint from the skin

there's a product called

This response submitted by Kristoph on 2/24/01. ( skinme2@aol.com ) 64.12.96.200

eye Frisket, I don't recall where I got, although I can find out easy enough if anyone wants to know. You paint it on the eye and let it dry, [it dries very quickly] then you do your airbrushing or however you paint, when done you pick a corner of the eye frisket up with a pin and it comes off in one piece leaving a clean eye. I use it on every mount I do and love it. A little tiny jar does many many mounts

So does a ...

This response submitted by LH on 2/25/01. ( ) 64.216.109.159

a small bottle of Elmer's glue. Dab a drop in the center of the eye and work it close to the edges with a brush. Watch it carefully as it sets up and make sure it hasn't gottn onto the area you're trying to paint. Paint as usual. Then, I use a wooden cuticle stick, available at drug stores, to remove any paint along the edges. These sticks are about a quarter-inch in diameter with a point on one end and a flat bevel on the other. Removes paint without ever scratching the eye, plastic or glass.

eye protect

This response submitted by cole c. on 2/28/01. ( ) 205.245.176.172

product called eye protect you can find from most suppliers. works great. brush it on, let it dry, paint as usual, and just peel it off.

Return to Category Menu