Rehydrating ear?

Submitted by Bill Sidwell on 2/18/01. ( BillSid@delanet.com ) 205.188.208.138

I rehydrated two capes using the Universal method and both sets of ears are as HARD as rocks,what should I do? Are these capes no good or what? Thanks Bill

Return to Category Menu

Nope

This response submitted by Frank Kotula on 2/18/01. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.166.250.104

What it sounds like you left some meat on the ear cartiladge. This will take time for that to rehydrate.

Try and use some warm water, water softner and inject this in the the area that is hard. It will take more than one injection.

As for the cape all will be fine. Just clean them ears better.

Don't want to sound stupid, but...

This response submitted by Bill Sidwell on 2/19/01. ( billsid@delanet.com ) 63.121.117.165

I don't think I'll be able to inject anything because the ears are that hard. Should I rehydrate the whole cape again, if so how long I did it for about 1hour and it did nothing to the ears...Please help!

wrap them

This response submitted by mark on 2/19/01. ( mnmstuffit ) 64.12.96.174

try wrapping the ears in some wet paper towels and then tape some plastic over them and leave in the refridgerator over night. just a thuohgt if you dont want to do the whole cape. good luck

Rehydrating Ear

This response submitted by S. Poirier on 2/20/01. ( ) 165.189.41.11

I had this problem at one time. I was told to soak the ear in salt water. Use more salt than water in other words use alot of salt. I soaked for over night and it worked good for me. Good luck.

Return to Category Menu