Don't hit but I need help!

Submitted by David Marqua on 2/26/01. ( ) 12.29.19.222

This may raise a eye brow or two but I need a little help. I have customer that is requesting a special form that apparently is sold by [a supply company]. I don't use his forms personally but I really need this particular one. I can't find any contact numbers and have long since threw his catalog away. Can anyone post a number so I can order one. Thanks.

Return to Category Menu

Me again.

This response submitted by David Marqua on 2/26/01. ( ) 12.29.19.222

It's me again. I found the answer to my own question. I searched Yahoo and low and behold several matches of which involve litagation involving Mr. Chase. Please don't hold this against me and put all kinds of nasty posts! Anyway sorry to even bring it up. Thanks!

I Amazes Me

This response submitted by George on 2/27/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.96.174

That the principles of people can be lowered for the sake of a dollar. But then some one kept Clinton in office for 8 years so I don't guess it should.

David, your entire post was an affront and I wouldn't be surprised it you were either the culprit himself or one of his cronies so you could "advise" others how to find this crook. I hope Ken gets to this and nukes the whole sordid scheme.

If your hero has the form, you can bet it's a copy of someone elses. Why not have some guts and look for the creator instead of the copier. And failing that, show a little initiative and either carve or modify an existing one.

I'm hot about this one and I'd advise you to be careful what you ask in the future. I just might direct you to go to that Yahoo site and find your answer.

Curious

This response submitted by Brian L. on 2/27/01. ( ) 198.133.22.68

I guess I'm out of the loop, I have only been reading this forum for a few months. What's the deal with "Mr. Chase" and I assume you mean [a supply company]? It sounds bad.

Thief, Crook, Unethical, Unscrupulous.....

This response submitted by Leanna on 2/27/01. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 209.98.65.74

Dishonest, unprincipled, conscienceless, and downright ugly. Mr. Misrepresentation of the Truth, hangs up his soiled sheets for all to see and still doesn't get it. It just is not right to support him. And David, hopefully for you Ken WILL nuke this post. Brian you can find the story on the Taxidermy Net Home page.

WANNA

This response submitted by Michael s. on 2/27/01. ( ) 152.163.188.231

wanna see how far we can keep this going, i bet it cant beat the e-bay debate, the best response is...none at all

Where at on the Tax.net home page?

This response submitted by Jeff on 2/27/01. ( ) 216.79.53.41

I'm a little behind too. Where's the story at on the home page? From the sound of it. I too need to throw away his supply catalog also.

WASCO Homepage

This response submitted by George on 2/27/01. ( ) 152.163.188.231

Hit the "Links" and go down under the suppliers.

Correction

This response submitted by Geroge on 2/27/01. ( ) 152.163.188.231

It's on the WASCO homepage, click Links and then click "Copying Mannikens and the Law". It's all there.

WOW! Is this guy still in business....

This response submitted by Darrell on 2/28/01. ( dswalke2@yahoo.com ) 63.59.201.150

I think no ethical & honest taxidermist out there should use this guy (Chase Supply) if he is still in business. Does anyone know if he is still in business? The court should have banned him or something.

Yup he still is in business

This response submitted by Shane on 2/28/01. ( ) 205.188.209.204

Yes, he is still in business I just got an order from him today its just drift wood though so I dont guess he could have copied that. So I read about it in a back issue of Breakthrew Magazine and I must admit that was pretty crappy to do.

I hate a Theif

This response submitted by Chris on 2/28/01. ( ) 152.163.188.231

I have been in Law Enforcement for 13 years. I have been doing part-time taxidermy work for the past 4 years. This man should be shut down. Sounds like the Judge needs to grow a set and fine this man so much money that he will have no choice but to shut down!

No one buy anything from that theif!

This response submitted by Eric K on 3/3/01. ( EricKT39@aol.com ) 64.12.96.174

Thief, crook, idea stealing, can't come up with his own forms......bla.....bla.....bla...... I agree with Leanna! All taxidermist stay away from this unethical man!

Sorry but I didn't know at the time

This response submitted by Mark C on 3/3/01. ( srceight@i2k.com ) 216.202.207.125

A couple of years ago, before I knew anything about this subject, I had bought two forms from them. A full and half lifesize WT, that I had planned to use in a Comp mount. Needless to say, when I found out about this, I decided to stop the peice I was working on and move on to other things.
I am wondering whether I can still use these forms for a comp, or if this would be a futle effort because a judge might not like to see these forms being used. I still have the forms and dont know what to do with them but dont want to waste my time.
How about it Bill, how would you judge a peice if it was done on that company's forms? Would that affect how you scored the peice, or not?
To set the record straight, I do have ethics and have not purchased from them since, nor will I in the future. In addition, I have not finished the peice for my show room either, just so client's would not see it and request this type of mount for themselves.

Mark

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 3/4/01. ( ) 205.188.209.80

I guess I would try to be as professional as I could be and judge the piece according to the scoresheet. I can use this forum to educate folks about sh*theads, but I guess the competition hall would be off limits for that subject. The money was already spent anyway. I would just stick to the criteria of the scoresheet, thats what Im being asked to do. Two ways to look at the end result, though. Most serious competitors dont use trash, and if they did, theyd have to be pretty talented to make it work! LOL.

Thanks Bill

This response submitted by Mark C on 3/4/01. ( ) 216.202.207.125

I appreciate your candor on the subject. You are right also, about the condition of these forms. They are amoung the worst ones I have come across and do need so much work that the end result wouldn't resemble the original very much.

My last words on this!

This response submitted by David Marqua on 3/4/01. ( ) 12.29.19.197

Well it's been a few days since I had put in the oringinal post. I come in today and see that I stirred up a hornets nest. As I said before sorry I knew what I was getting into. As for George I have read a few of your post on this topic as well as other. NO, I am not the culprit himself, and can you be a little less sinical? On another post a gentleman just asked about a new earliner idea and you decided to blast him. Maybe we all should be like you! Anyway look at all the post. Do you think for a minute that maybe I did some good and educated a few people on the topic which in turn caused Mr. Chase lost a few more customers? If this would have never been brought up they would have continued to buy from him. Isn't this a place that we can use for help or is it not? Anyway George you I can do without, for the rest thanks. I took don't like a thief!

Return to Category Menu