Dan-d-noser....

Submitted by Doug on 3/14/01. ( ) 63.64.148.29

I bought a dan-d-noser, and have used it a few times. I am impressed with the appearance of the nodules it produces. The problem I am having is that the little pot licker is only about 1" wide so it takes 4 or more rolls to cover the whole nose. The odds of getting two adjacent edges to match are about as good as catching a 21" perch! I grew a beard while running this DAMN-d-noser over the nosepad, trying to do it without lines between the edges. Anyone out there have a little "trick" to keep from leaving lines....eh?
Thanks,
Doug

Return to Category Menu

LINES

This response submitted by TIM on 3/14/01. ( ) 204.136.184.34

To get rid of the lines, tie IT on a line and through it as far out into the lake as possible and leave it there.Go back to MODGE PODGE.I know it is not what you want to here but it will save you time and you will make that thirty bucks back pretty quick.
Later Tim

LINES

This response submitted by Kevin on 3/14/01. ( ) 209.248.52.25

I use the 2 part Apoxie Sculpt from Van Dykes Taxidermy Supply and lightly moisten my Dan-D-Noser before rolling it. It leaves no lines and my customers are thrilled by the look.

No No No Tims

This response submitted by Dave Toms on 3/14/01. ( ) 208.178.217.42

I use mine to run the water from under pike scales and to seat felt on the back of my pedestal mounts.... it does have it uses :-)

Dave Toms

AAAaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllrighty then!

This response submitted by Doug on 3/14/01. ( ) 63.64.148.115

Kevin,
U got da touch man. That's exactly what I get lines doing. SOoooooooooooo...back to modge podge....eh? By the way. PUFF PAINT isn't worth a PUFF(out the posterior) either. It goes on real nice, but deer nose nodules aren't supposed to be POINTED!
Doug

Practice, Practice, Practice

This response submitted by ratskinner on 3/14/01. ( ) 63.255.236.1

Practice. I'll bet the first time you got your ashes hauled, you were'nt very good at that either.

A little goes a long way!

This response submitted by Gordon on 3/14/01. ( ) 216.79.55.76

Doug, the first few times I used that little tool I probably spent an hour or more on each nose until I got it right. I soon found that the trick was to use apoxie sculpt very sparingly. It doesn't take much. If you use too much, you will get those lines. Also, do not let the roller get dry at all, be sure it stays wet. After a few deer noses you will get the hang of it. It only takes me about 5 minutes now to get the desired results. REMEMBER,,, IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH!

Nose

This response submitted by Chris on 3/14/01. ( ) 152.163.188.3

After I roll my nose(Apoxi sculpt 2 part) I use a soft paint brush with water and lightly brush the dimples. This takes the ridgid look away and also blends any imperfections out. Give it a try.

use mod podge

This response submitted by terry on 3/15/01. ( ) 206.157.148.82

I USED TO HAVE THE SAME TROUBLE TILL I GOT MYSELF A SYRINGE & SOME MOD PODGE. DIDNT HAVE ANY NEED FOR THE ROLLER OR THE AGGRIVATION AFTER THAT. TRY IT.(YOULL LIKE THE RESULTS)

follow Tim

This response submitted by rick on 3/18/01. ( ) 156.46.131.45

In response to Tim, I'd save the line and just throw it straight. No offese to the developer of the Noser, but how can you texture a round, multicurved nose pad w/ a flat tool? Take the extra time and flesh the pad real thin so it doesn't wrinkle and use modge-podge in a syringe. Good luck, rwl

Looks good for some trout backs.

This response submitted by John C on 3/18/01. ( ) 208.44.115.72

Saw some rolled noses, dont like them, I never could ude the thing, so I roll the backs of some trout for a texture with it. Looks fairly good for that.

You loose the little dimpled hir spots on the nose with this roller too.

Return to Category Menu