Clariol Whitening Agent and Peroxide

Submitted by Jaime Vasquez on 3/18/01. ( ANini96@aol.com ) 205.188.208.138

I have used Clariol Whitening Agent and Peroxide for the first time today and do not know how long to leave it. Also, whether to wash it off with a garden hose afterwards. Thanks for the advice!

Return to Category Menu

depends

This response submitted by wink on 3/18/01. ( kawink2000@yahoo.com ) 208.132.94.49

on how white you want it I did a sheep [wool] and left it on over night maybe you will not have to leave it that long but you do need to wash it off

Bleach

This response submitted by George on 3/18/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 172.143.162.14

Jaime,
You just got some dangerous advice on this one. Never leave the bleach on your pelt for over 45 minutes at the most. Wash it out with a hose and IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, re-bleach it a second time for the same length of time. No more. Insure you wash it out completely. The developer and the bleaching agent actually attacks the hair and prolonged contact with the hair will leave it brittle and possibly cracked.

Bleach

This response submitted by Frank Kotula on 3/19/01. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.173.180.123

If your doing any kind of hair bleaching do it for only 15 min. Rinse and then recheck. If needed do it again. But every time you bleach you weaken the hair and what you are trying to achive may cause you hair loss. And when this happens rogaine won't help!

If you doing skulls then you can leave it on longer but then again it will weaken the bone.

Conditioner

This response submitted by Mike on 3/19/01. ( ) 199.224.67.181

These guys are right don't leave it in to long.Also after you rince it out put conditioner on it rub it in like you were washing your hair and rinse it out the conditioner stops the whitening process and helps the hair to not be so bRittel.I spoke to a hair dresser indepth about this and that is what told me.

Return to Category Menu