far, then it wont spray at all. This has happened to all three
of them. I thought they needed to be serviced so i sent them
out for that and I bought a brand new one and it did the same
thing. Then I bought new hoses thinking there was to much air
slipping by, geuss what still happening. I then thinned the
paint more than nessesary and it still does it. I now thinking
my compresser is not giving me enough PSI although it seems
to have enough pressure to me. signed Desprate, any help or
suggrestions would be greatly appricated.
Thanks, Mike

Return to Category Menu

What PSI are you running at?

This response submitted by Greg on 3/30/01. ( ) 63.25.113.233

I use a Paasche and it takes at least 30 PSI to get decent paint flow.

thin it

This response submitted by dan on 3/30/01. ( ) 208.44.38.151

Thin that paint down.When ever I experience the trouble you are having I just add some thinner to my paint and this usually stops it.I too use a paashe brush and love it,I run mine between 35-40 psi.

Give your air brush a thorough cleaning...

This response submitted by Tommy on 3/30/01. ( ) 63.23.236.115

after you are finished with each color of paint that you are using. I like to run clean warm water through mine then follow up with a round of acetone to break up any paint that may of built up on it. Just make sure all of the acetone is sprayed out before moving on the next color of paint. I have used a paashe for three years (both single and double action) and have had good results with them. Hope this helps.
Tommy

pressure regulator

This response submitted by Ml on 3/31/01. ( kleighton@INNERNET.NET ) 207.121.52.30

Hey Mike,
You didnt mention if you had a pressure regulator on your compressor. You said you thought you were running it at the correct pressure. Always include a pressure regulator and moisture trap. Give us further info if this isnot your problem.

Vent hole

This response submitted by Martin on 3/31/01. ( middelstadt@gci.net ) 206.96.61.226

Hi Mike, looks like you are getting good information. One other thing to look for. If you are using a color cup with a screw on lid. there is a small vent hole in the top of the lid. If you have been tipping your airbrush up and down, especially with a pretty full cup paint can run into the hole and plug it up. The color cup is a siphon type cup. In otherwords there is no pressure in it to push the paint out. Your air supply that is running through the gun creates a suction to pull the paint up out of the cup. If the vent hole is plugged it creates a vacume in the cup so strong the gun can't pull it out. If it is open it will equalize to the atmospheric pressure, then the paint will flow consistantly. Martin.

Proper Assembly

This response submitted by David on 4/2/01. ( dparnell@rochester.rr.com ) 66.66.92.71

I had the same problem with my brush for quite some time. I tried all of the suggestions listed above and none helped. Here is what corrected my problem, where your tip goes thru your gun be sure that you push it ALL of the way to the shoulder! What is happening is that there is a burr that is not allowing your tip to go all of the way in.
Good luck!

Return to Category Menu