I mixed 5 gallons of a dextrine based hide paste a couple of months ago and today I noticed a little mold along the edges. Is this a concern?
Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu
That's one reason on why I never use a dextrine base hide glue. Just think as mold grew on the paste just think on what grows under that glue when you have a hide on it.
You need to scrape of the mold and it should be fine but as you read about it try Epo-Grips water base hide glue. No mold ever plus it holds ten times better than dextrine.
I mix Pine-sol in with my mix of hide paste and no mold. Although I am switching to Epo-Grip water based. sounds like great stuff.
it needs to be stored in the fridge, when its dried under the skin mold is not a problem