Skull Mount

Submitted by Donnie on 01/15/2003. ( ) 206.176.214.224

Hi fellas.

This is an opinion Question? When doing a bleached skull mount do you think it should be white as possible, totally white! or do you think that the teeth and those black lines on the skull plate should still show. or slightly yellow! I had a guy tell me mine were to white! I guess you can't please every one. p.s i used basic white not bleach.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Whats the owner think ?

This response submitted by Tony B on 01/15/2003. ( ) 216.254.167.31

Personally I do not think there is a right or wrong answer. That really should be a question for the owner to answer
I had one client that wanted his deer antlers as white as I could get them and I did many for him

Personal Choice

This response submitted by Raven on 01/15/2003. ( ) 24.150.167.36

Skull mounts are totally personal choice...

My choice? I HATE, LOATHE and DETEST white skulls... they are BORING and FAKE looking. My personal stuff I rot them with as much flesh on them as possible to intentionally stain them wonderful hues of yellows and browns. They get a rich warm tone that is gorgeous and shows the natural beauty of the bone. If yer gonna go white - why not go full repro?

Some people like the look of gleaming white skulls.. why I have NO idea... In any event - I offer my repros in the fake looking whites and creams as well as natural 'bone coloured' tones.

All comes down to what the customer wants. Learn from this and ask the next guy what he wants. Have a skull in white and have a natural one for comparison and let them chose what they like =)

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu