Feedback? Rate my work

Submitted by Bobbi on 01/22/2003. ( bmeyer@iland.net ) 216.74.204.175

Was wondering if some of you fellow taxidermists would like to take a look at my work. I always enjoy looking at what other taxidermists have mounted. Keep in mind that these are commercial deer that will never see a competition. With that said...here is the link. Tell me what you think.

http://community.webshots.com/user/bmeyer39

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

ok!

This response submitted by migda's taxidermy on 01/22/2003. ( ljmigda@nmo.net ) 12.32.78.254

It's pretty tough to really critique deer heads from a picture...maybe my eyes are failing..lol. They look pretty natural to me. It's hard to judge the detail areas eyes,nose,ears.etc. by photos. Are your ears bonded or done with earliners...im curious?

I do the commercial ears

This response submitted by Bobbi on 01/22/2003. ( bmeyer@iland.net ) 216.74.205.38

with bondo, simply because I'm not competing. If I were to get serious about getting into some of the competitions I would definitely use the liners.

thought so!

This response submitted by migda's taxidermy on 01/22/2003. ( ljmigda@nmo.net ) 12.32.78.254

The first thing about the deer mounts that struck me was the ears. I know this will sound like a slam on bonded ears but well..you asked! I've never been a fan of bonded ears, they just dont have that nice clean,thin edge to them. Now i know some may acheive this with bonded ears, ive just never seen it. In this day of great earliners im surprised anyone would chose bonded ears on large-eared animals i.e. deer. This is just my "personal" opinion, I could'nt acheive good looking ears with bondo so it's earliners for me!

Looks great now!

This response submitted by jadams on 01/23/2003. ( ) 208.4.5.74

Took a look at your photos. Nice work! I read these "take a look and critique my work" postings quite often. Although everyone wants thier work to look good, what I think is more important, and actually more difficult to achieve, is to use the quality materials and methods that will keep it in that condition for years to come. It's really the things that aren't real visable from the outside that make the difference in a quality mount. (proper tanning/preserving of the cape, quality hide paste, etc) Or at least that's the way I look at it. Have a good Day!
J Adams

Hard to tell

This response submitted by cyclone on 01/23/2003. ( ) 129.43.43.200

from pics...The main things that I caught though were:

Ears do not look like they are painted or the color is a little off..again, hard to determine from pics.

The noses look a bit too glossy..

Mechanically, hard to tell anything
Artistically, they are quite good.
One should always strive; however,to give the customers that "competition" quality. I'd go with earliners if you feel that they are better why cut corners or give them "second rate"?

Try Competition

This response submitted by Russell on 01/23/2003. ( ) 165.247.130.194

It's hard to judge from photos. The camera lens distorts proportions. The only way to learn is to compete. Start with your state association and go from threre. Your work will improve greatly in a short time.

Try Competition

It's hard to judge from photos. The camera lens distorts proportions. The only way to learn is to compete. Start with your state association and go from threre. Your work will improve greatly in a short time.

Try Competition

looks good,but

This response submitted by jack pine taxidermy on 01/30/2003. ( ) 165.189.130.2

the first thing i noticed was the ears, try using semi sneak forms and bring the ears even with the horn 1/2 tilting back this way they aren't overwhelming and they dont take away from the size of horn, i have done 100's of whitetails and my customers always like up. i always use liners little mess and they save alot of time

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu