Web site up

Submitted by Kim Collins on 02/03/2004. ( ynedkcollins5@netzero.com ) 67.30.254.175

Hi All,
Well I have been working on our web site and wanted to see if ya'll would take a look at it. Remember I am not done have alot more to add.
Thanks,
Kim
http://www.freewebs.com/bubbas_taxidermy

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Huh?

This response submitted by Bubbatoo on 02/03/2004. ( ) 66.98.130.76

Whitetail- $175 $200 with panel ? Is this a joke? If not I apoligize, but how do you make any money?

Very professional website

This response submitted by marty on 02/03/2004. ( ) 67.173.51.16

Kill the underline under "menu" on the opening page. Underlines should be used to identify links.

Also, please don't take this the wrong way but "Bubba's Taxidermy" gives people the first impression that you're a small-time operation. And I have an image in my head that convey's non-quality, cheap work. First impressions are critical in any business. I know you love your dog, but this is one time you may wish to leave his name out of things! Good dog's name, bad business name (unless you're a rib-joint! Bubba's Rib Crib?)

Raise your prices.

Nice use of colors and good verbage.

Change the name (have I mentioned that already? LOL!)

ouch

This response submitted by bill on 02/03/2004. ( ) 66.250.5.14

wow....please raise your prices, how do you make any money? btw, the websight looks good!

Go to TaxidermyReference.com.....

This response submitted by Kenneth on 02/03/2004. ( ) 164.58.213.12

and read the article I wrote on "How Much To Stuff a Deer Head". In it, I detail just how much it cost the taxidermist to prepair and mount a whitetail. At $175 a deer, you are destined to go broke and fail in business. You could get a job at the local Wal-Mart and make three times more money than you can mounting deer heads for $175. I agree with Marty on this one, Bubba's leave a poor impression. Good Luck in your adventure.

Thanks for the advice

This response submitted by Kim Collins on 02/03/2004. ( ynedkcollins5@netzero.com ) 67.30.254.84

Well where to start,
How about the name:
Well we tossed alot of names around. And Bubba's is what most of our family and friends liked. You must remember that we are in North Georgia and Bubba is used ALOT as a nickname around here. And it isnt looked at as a bad thing and people have LOVED seeing Bubba at the shop as refer to him as the boss. So I guess we can just agree to disagree on the name!

As for our prices:
At this time we are a part-time shop and the MAIN reason we started the shop was to provide taxidermy service to those who couldnt afford the others around here starting at $300. We remember how it was as a young family of hunters and how we counldnt afford to mount our kids first bucks.Thus the reason for learning taxidermy. So that is the center of why we started our shop. Most of our mounts are for high school kids and good old boys and their familys. We do have some high rollers and they like our work and bring us lots to do. We also do a FREE mount for our local FFA bigbuck contest at the high school. All of this is great PR and will help us in the future when we go full-time after we retirer. Which we are planning to do within the next eight years. Now that our sons' in college and one more heading off next fall it has left us with alot of time on our hands and this has been a great hobby.
I do agree if this was a full-time thing for us then we would have to scale up our prices. We also feel that by keeping our prices low that these kids and young hunters will be life long customers even when we raise our prices a little.

I think everyone for their advice and for visiting our site.

I've had a brainstorm

This response submitted by idea on 02/03/2004. ( ) 64.241.110.136

Shhhhh. Leave Bubba alone. Maybe everyone could send their heads to Bubba. Would'nt have to do any work and you could still make $150.00-$200.00 per head. That would leave a whole lot more time for hunting and fishing.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu