I bought some 2-part 90 min. epoxy @ home depot, ok 2 use?

Submitted by Shelbyhunter on 02/03/2004. ( ) 128.163.171.130

Will this stuff work for the entire form including eyes, ears, lips, antlers? I don't want to use caulking because of my fear of drumming. If I use this stuff, will I have to use hide nails or pins to hold the cape on the form in certain areas? Can I expect any drumming with epoxy? Just a little backround, this is a wet-tanned cape and I will be using earliners. Any help would be great. This will be my first mount.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

not for your first mount

This response submitted by Gary on 02/03/2004. ( ) 67.136.130.120

I would suggest using a water based hide glue from any supplier they come premixed or in a kit you have to mix your self this will give you more time to taxi the hide into position and as this is your first time you might be adjusting the skin for a couple of daysI think you will have a hard time mounting a whitetail in 90 minutes. I would also suggest a video on mounting whitetails if you do not already have one it would be extremely helpful for hide and form prep
oh and check the archives that will help

Good Luck

Gary

thanks...

This response submitted by Shelbyhunter on 02/03/2004. ( ) 128.163.171.130

I have the Breakthrough whitetail taxidermy manual. very helpful but kind of outdated...lots of changes in the last 20 years.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu