EZ100 for tanning Deer capes

Submitted by MichelleW on 02/24/2004 at 13:46. ( blacktail21@hotmail.com ) 167.196.169.124

Does anyone use saftee acid and EZ100 to tan their deer capes? I have used it to tan deer hides and other hides I don't plan on mounting but not a cape. I have tanned one deer cape befor using saftee acid and liqua tan but I was tanning it for someone else. I use DP when I mount my deer but I have 5 or 6 extra W/T capes in my freezer and was wanting to try and mount a tanned deer cape. I would like to know what kind strech you get with EZ100 or would I be better off using the saftee acid and liqua tan? Thanks MichelleW

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Michelle

This response submitted by Wildwood on 02/24/2004 at 18:39. ( ) 206.229.235.206

I have pretty much switched to it this year for all my deer capes simply because I get a better strech with it. Like always a quality tanning oil always helps. good luck

EZ100

This response submitted by Wayne R on 02/24/2004 at 20:33. ( therodds@msn.com ) 65.128.20.70

Michelle
That's all I use. I can't compare it to anything else because I have been happy with the results that I get with it. I salt and dry my capes, then rehydrate using Rittels ultra soft. I like to add his blood eater to the mix which helps soften them back up while removing all blood from the capes, even the ones that that you would think weren't bloody. After rinsing I use the saftee acid, shave them down and put them back in. They go into the EZ100 after neutralizing and rinsing. After they are tanned I oil them. I prefer to let them dry and rehydrate them the day before I need them to let them sweat overnight. I listed all my steps only because this is what gives me the best results.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu