WASCO waterbase clay

Submitted by Lee V. on 02/25/2004 at 09:16. ( ) 199.141.125.33

Has any one ever used this clay for the ear butt? Had to use some the other day,It work in good but its been a week and is not quite hard yet I assume it will sooner or later is the critter clay better or is there something else? I used Bondo for the ear, no liner. Thanks in advance.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Most People..

This response submitted by Sandy on 02/25/2004 at 09:45. ( ) 209.158.66.2

Most people use potters clay for the ears. Critter clay is a little costly to make earbutts.

Ear butts

This response submitted by MichelleW on 02/25/2004 at 10:38. ( blacktail21@hotmail.com ) 167.196.169.179

I just started using WASCO clay for the ear butt's in my Wild hogs and small mammals. I havn't tried it on deer yet! I have noticed that the clay does take longer to harden up. I might this weekend when I mount another deer. MichelleW

WASCO clay

This response submitted by Lee V. on 02/25/2004 at 11:36. ( ) 199.141.125.33

Just a thought Next time I use WASCO clay for the ear butt I`am thinking of putting a little hide paste between the ear and clay not sure how good it will bond with out it. I had the clay that you mix with water from sallie Dahmes I guess it never would get thick enough to use no matter how much I added. My shop has no heat or air unless i`am in there. and we have had a lot of rain in the last couple of weeks. may account for the slow drying,But I do keep a fan going. Thanks Guys & Gals for your help

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu