The Rompola Buck 6 years latter.

Submitted by Out Doors Man on 9/28/04 at 8:15 PM. ( .theoutdoorsman0404@yahoo.com ) 205.130.19.153

Well Some time has passed.I think alot of people truely owe Mitch a big oppology for the remarks made over the past few years. After all the buck got scored,the antlers were finally x rayed, and it boils down to this. The Buck is Ligit and there are alot of people just plain down jellous that they will never hunt as hard, or understand deer the way this man truely does. Or ever take a trophy buck of that size unless they go in debt to buy it and kill it like most the guys on these tv hunting shows do. I hope Mitch you truely bag another buck even bigger. Sincerly, Donald W.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

<><> ? <><>

This response submitted by EARL on 9/28/04 at 8:26 PM. ( ANTLERSANDWINGS@COMCAST.NET ) 68.82.185.179

What artical proves this / your point ?

hahahaha

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 9/28/04 at 8:58 PM. ( ) 67.138.11.138

Nice try Mitch! Hahahaha!

I hope it is real !

This response submitted by jay on 9/28/04 at 8:59 PM. ( ) 209.94.177.210

That would be the best news of the year. Ive been pulling for him from day one. Just because he dosen't want the pats on the back and money, everyone was ready to hang him. What a shame the poor guy never even got to enjoy his deer. I hope he keeps hunting and enjoys his antlers You go Mitch and good luck in the woods fo Michigan

hu

This response submitted by Ross on 9/28/04 at 9:05 PM. ( ) 63.189.9.245

whats going on? is mitch accused of making repros and passing them off as a deer he killed? does he have photos of the dead deer (not mount)antlers attached?

if it was legit....

This response submitted by Griz on 9/28/04 at 9:17 PM. ( ) 69.66.87.172

what took him so long to get it xrayed. and if he didn't want a pat on the back or the money then he still should have been able to enjoy the deer just as much.

give it up

This response submitted by mike on 9/28/04 at 9:29 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

If Mitch did'nt want that pat on the back he never would have let it get as far as it did. Just when everyone forgot about him and he was no longer in the spot light, someone goes and starts it up again. Nice try mitch, but until it is shown to be real by an offical and made public, I DON'T BELIEVE IT! Lets face if it is real he would love the money and the fame that goes with it.

Like someone claiming to have a 12" P&^%$

This response submitted by JOhn C on 9/28/04 at 9:37 PM. ( ) 66.233.156.237

Antler envy seems to replace boys locker room envy as guys grow up.

Such Bullsh1T

This response submitted by George on 9/28/04 at 9:58 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.135

If Rompola DIDN'T want a pat on the back or recognition, then why bother to have the paper come and do an article or take pictures of it? Why have it x-rayed and scored? And WHY would he sign a legal paper with Milo Hansen not to claim the title UNLESS someone else beat Hansen's buck. In fact, if he wasn't looking for attention, why shoot bucks at all. Settle for does. But NO, he hunts only "trophy bucks" and he tried marketing his own line of personal bows. So if you're "hoping for" something, hope someone bests Milo Hansen and then Rompola will supposedly come out of the closet.

I personally

This response submitted by John Mallien on 9/29/04 at 12:11 AM. ( ) 66.190.42.199

think it's great that Mitch is no longer bowing to the guru's of deer hunting. I lived in Traverse City in the early 90's and Mitch was a legend then in deer hunting circles, I just think he doesn't feel he had to justify what was already his.

Last I heard.

This response submitted by Ray on 9/29/04 at 8:49 AM. ( hunterray2002@yahoo.com ) 65.177.105.185

Was that Mitch had which i did see posted on the net. of him holding the rack, Then next thing i saw Him in deer and deer hunting magazine with a big write up. Then that was the last thing i heard except some guy writting this thing called rompola gate which we all have seen. Only logical explanation i would consider was that the deer was a pen raised deer and he busted it and then tried to claim fame. but if not. then more power to the guy. I hope he baggs another 1. Then you will see more of his items being pushed at sporting shows and events like in 99 at harrisburg pa, sportsman show.

rompolas reward for gettin buck x-rayed

This response submitted by Stevo on 9/30/04 at 6:19 PM. ( ) 216.93.120.59

oh ya i thought there was a $5,000 reward if mitch had it x-rayed from a man that lives in my area. The reward even stands to this day. So if Rompola legally killed the deer and the rack was real why didnt he get it x-rayed in the first place. And if he did get it x-rayed i didnt hear anything about him getting his reward.

He probably did it to ....

This response submitted by Jim on 10/1/04 at 1:46 PM. ( ) 136.141.2.76

provoke a response just like he got from you cry baby, antler envy infected know it alls. Geez, a guy shoots a giant buck and everyone flips thier friggin wigs over it cause he chooses to do what he wants. I for one try to do what I want because that's what "I" want to do not what everyone else thinks I should do. Besides, who gives a rats ass anyway.

How about Barry Wensel's offer?

This response submitted by TonyH on 10/3/04 at 11:52 PM. ( ) 68.255.75.159

Barry Wensel, if you haven't heard of him PLEASE do yourself a favor and get to know him, class guy and absolutely hilarious not to mention an absolute whitetail genius) offered Mitch $100,000 just to let him look the buck over. Still waiting on that offer to be taken up . . .

Rompola is a fake, the deer's a fraud and Michigan's REAL hunters are embarrassed that he hails from here.

Nothing has been x-rayed!

This response submitted by Craig on 10/4/04 at 2:49 PM. ( ) 198.208.6.35

The Rompola Reproduction has not been x-rayed I don't know where anyone heard that is has! If that buck had been x-rayed the official, not Bubba in the bar, results would have come out and shown a new world record. You couldn't keep something like that quiet if you tried.

give it up!

This response submitted by PRIMETIME TAXIDERMY on 10/4/04 at 4:15 PM. ( ) 24.158.10.17

WHOEVER BROUGHT UP THE ROMPOLA BUCK AGAIN IS OBVIOUSLY GOT TOO MUCH FREE TIME ON YOUR HANDS.CAUSE IF HE HAD GOTTEN HIS DEER JUSTIFIED IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER IN DEER AND DEER HUNTING NOT TO MENTION SOME OTHER MAGIZINES. SO GIVE IT UP AND LET THIS FAKE REMAIN DOWN UNDER WHERE HE AND IT BELONGS.

is this rompola who wrote this

This response submitted by Craig Calderone on 10/4/04 at 4:56 PM. ( ) 216.93.26.139

who wrote this letter anyway? Rompola
who would stick up for u and say u made the right choice by doing what u wanted

hey Craig

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 10/5/04 at 1:01 AM. ( ) 67.138.11.178

Long time, no see! Dean Ziegler and I have brought your name up a bit lately, I wondered how things were with you. Its funny how guys who dont really know bring stuff up like this, eh? Maybe we could enlighten these guys with a few good stories about their "buddy", lol.

Wasnt his son in here awhile back, defending his Dads deer? I recall this, if it was actually him, who knows...

Traverse City, Not Trophy Area

This response submitted by Rob on 10/7/04 at 10:20 AM. ( ) 166.102.221.230

I read an article published in a well known deer hunting magazine about the odds of killing 1 deer of that caliber ( not to mention 3! ) in Traverse City Michigan. They had checked out all of the stats on the deer that had been checked in for the past 20 years.According to the article, the chances of killing a buck that large in that area would be 1 in 100 billion. I wonder what the odds would be of killing 3 bucks like that in that area, as Mitch says he did?

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu