Dakota IV

Submitted by Nate on 3/2/05 at 10:12 PM. ( ) 69.18.80.160

I only mount 5-10 deer a year and used a mini flesher,but was thinking about purchasing a Dakota IV flesher machine. Has anyone used one of these. Is it adaquate for this amount of work and maybe the occasional bear or elk? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Spend the extra

This response submitted by Jason on 3/2/05 at 10:36 PM. ( ) 207.69.139.152

Did the same thing starting out and would recommend you at least spend the extra for a Dakota V. Most guys in here will dog the Dakotas. You kinda get what you pay for. I am curious about their new professional model though. It's an investment you'll have for some time, 5-10 could end up 20-30 and then you'll regret it.

It does a good job

This response submitted by Gary on 3/2/05 at 10:47 PM. ( ) 207.69.138.139

I purchased one two years ago, I do 10-12 deer per year, and a few bear, no problems out of it yet, it would have been nice to get one of the $1000 models but I bought what I could afford at the time, It is a time saver, just takes a bit of practice to learn.

I like mine

This response submitted by kenny on 3/2/05 at 11:47 PM. ( ksp800@yahoo.com ) 66.156.137.224

I purchased 1 about a year and a half ago. I've done probably forty or more deer and several elk on the IV. I recommend if you plan to get serious in taxidermy to spend the extra money on the V. You can get a elk blade that works on the V and is worth the money if you do elk. I have had no problems with the Dakota flesher.

Spend the extra cash

This response submitted by Andy on 3/3/05 at 9:58 AM. ( ) 68.20.218.59

been there done that. Get the V if you can afford it! The IV is nice but you will wish you bought the bigger model-- I promise.

Love my IV

This response submitted by TonyH. on 3/5/05 at 10:45 PM. ( ) 65.42.242.136

I bought my IV in October, upgrading from the mini-flesher. Wish I had done so long ago. I've done about 30 deer on the IV with ZERO problems, regrets. I can flesh a green hide in about 25 minutes and shave a Krowtanned hide in less than an hour and that's my speed as a relative beginner to fleshing machines. If you do less than 70-80 deer a year, I'd wholeheartedly recommend the IV. But I haven't used the V so take it for what you see it's worth.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu