deer neck form

Submitted by christine on 3/11/05 at 6:56 PM. ( ) 65.19.65.7

Does anyone know of a vendor besides Buckeye that sells deer neck forms? I have a deer to mount that is missing the brisket (cut way to short). It is a small neck and i wanted to see if i could find something closer in size rather than shave the form down. Thanks.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Christine,

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 3/11/05 at 7:19 PM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.105.81.240

Check these out:

http://www.qualitytaxidermysupply.com/DeerNeckForms.html

neck form

This response submitted by mike on 3/11/05 at 7:58 PM. ( ) 12.77.173.192

Try Joe Coombs

McKenzie

This response submitted by Kim Collins on 3/11/05 at 11:10 PM. ( ekcollins@direcway.com ) 66.82.9.30

has them just mounted one myself.
Kim Collins
Bubba's Taxidermy

Christine, just a thought

This response submitted by George on 3/11/05 at 11:14 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.70

I stopped buying neck forms years ago when I discovered that though many hides are cut short, they're still longer than the neck forms available. I use a regular form (you only pay a few dollars more anyway) and then cut the form to fit the hide. Many times I've managed to get the appearance of a shoulder area where I'd have disposed of that hide on the neck form. Dave Whitney of New York made a great statement awhile back. A guy was auctioning off a particularly crappy looking form that had the audience groaning and Dave said, "Do you know how many good bird bodies and rocks are hiding iside this form?" Anything you have left will make good bird bodies or rocks.

thanks

This response submitted by christine on 3/12/05 at 5:53 PM. ( ) 65.19.65.65

after i posted the message i wondered about buying a shoulder mount and cutting it to fit. i will check out the other sites too and see what works best.

thanks again!

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu