LIP IS GONE

Submitted by Chuck on 3/13/05 at 9:52 AM. ( ) 216.198.126.196

I recently got a monster wtd in and the bottom lip is just tore all to pieces the guy wants this particular cape to be used on the mount well what i am going to do is sew on another bottom lip, have any of you long tome taxi... done this and how did it turn out?

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Chuck, chuck, chuck

This response submitted by George on 3/13/05 at 10:48 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.131

pleaselearnwhatpunctuationand capitalizationcandofora question geezmyhead hurtsfromtryingtomakesenseofwhatyousweretalkingabout.

Look familiar? Try this one.

PLEASE learn what punctuation and capitalization can do for a question. GEEZ, my head hurts from trying to make sense of what you were talking about.

Flesh, tan, and mount as normal. Just pull the skin up on your mannikin and pin it. Allow the glue to dry, pull the pins and reconstruct the lip out of Apoxie.

George is right!

This response submitted by Don on 3/13/05 at 11:04 AM. ( ) 68.94.71.69

And when you learn both of these "tips", you can teach English when your taxidrmy work is caught up!

georgie

This response submitted by chuck on 3/13/05 at 11:10 AM. ( ) 216.198.126.196

Well, GEEZ oww! george i know you want to make yourself look smart by making someone else look stupid,but you still didnt answer the question correctly, THE WHOLE LIP IS GONE GEORGE, SKIN, HAIR, EVERYTHING! from about the jaw line to the front, now, you think i should REBUILD all that english teacher!

Well

This response submitted by Mr. T on 3/13/05 at 11:34 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.221

If you are bent on sewing on a replacement lip, cut it off back under the chin in the middle of the brown patch. But George did tell you the correct way to fix a lip. And you still need to use proper English skills in all of you're conversations.

What weve got here is

This response submitted by G-man on 3/13/05 at 11:39 AM. ( ) 216.37.216.145

A failure to communicate

Lip?

This response submitted by Drew on 3/13/05 at 12:24 PM. ( ) 140.226.180.219

The lip does not have hair on it, it is the fleshy edge along the hair. It can be fixed like George said. Not all mounts have to have any of the lower lip exposed anyway, so in theory you could pin it up nice and tight and not worry about it. Not sure what is missing from your cape though since you said there is hair missing too. Are we talking top or bottom?

It wasn't ME that made you look stupid

This response submitted by George on 3/13/05 at 1:30 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

You did a really good job of that without my help. What part of gluing and pinning didn't you understand? If that's out of your capability, then the only option available is going to be a replacement cape.

come on

This response submitted by jeremy on 3/13/05 at 10:46 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.131

when i entered this site I thought it was for taxidermy. Is there nothing else better to do than complain about the way someone types seems to me tere is way oo much free time in here. but it is entertaining i must say all te guy wanted was to figure out how to fix his lips

Jeremy, you're next

This response submitted by George on 3/14/05 at 8:17 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.131

Remember what you just said. You CAME here looking for advice. When you come into a strangers home needing help, the least you could do was make it understandable and comprehensible. From your post, I see spelling and punctuation aren't strong points of yours as well. If you don't expect dumb answers, you'd be wise to write in a format that doesn't make yours look like dumb questions.

Geeze, George...

This response submitted by Craig on 3/14/05 at 12:27 PM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

you should stop taking it for granted that everyone that comes on this site is highly educated. After all the majority of people that ask questions got their education in America, lol. You a little bound up today?

Geeze, George...

This response submitted by Craig on 3/14/05 at 1:26 PM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

you should stop taking it for granted that everyone that comes on this site is highly educated. After all the majority of people that ask questions got their education in America, lol. You a little bound up today?

who dat said dat

This response submitted by paul e on 3/14/05 at 1:29 PM. ( americanmetalfab@bellsouth.net ) 65.6.122.46

i had trouble to
and if you went to school down here in LA.
the clearer the better would sure make it mooor betterer

sorry i just could not help myself

Wow

This response submitted by Dan on 3/14/05 at 2:27 PM. ( ) 208.1.215.240

The same people seem to be jerks over and over Georgie my boy we all know you are by far the most intelligent person here... So please take the masters degree you have framed and lighted on your wall and cut some people a break. The advice that you give shows your smart but the repeated bashing on folks shows a different side of you as well. If you are as smart as I think you are you will understand what I am saying.

George you're my hero

This response submitted by Jim on 3/15/05 at 1:11 AM. ( ) 64.33.190.20

Don't stop what you're doing I get a real laugh out of some of the responses some of these people leave for you. They sure are ungrateful, not only did you help the guy with his deer lips you just tried to make life easier on him by pointing out the obvious in the way he expressed his problem. And you tried to bring some humor in to lighten things up.

call

This response submitted by paul on 3/15/05 at 9:23 PM. ( ) 68.83.60.41

if you dont like georges method, call 1-800-888-3706 ask them to send you a catalog or ask them about the things called replacement bottom lips, they can probably fix you up, (pg.129) i never tried them personally but would in a pinch, and damit george im just too busy to be punctually correct all the time, and i havent figured out how to use the spell checker thing here yet. lol maybe i have to go somewhere type a letter spell check it and cut copy and paste, would that work?

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu