need some help

Submitted by chad on 3/14/05 at 4:33 PM. ( chadq@hqproduce.com ) 68.156.171.51

looking for some one that can help me. normally i stik to small game, birds and fish. this past season i took in some deer to mount and now im in a bind. i just dont have the time to clean, split, pickle, tan etc. i'm a part timer, if anyone could help, it wolud be appreciated. you can e-mail me at the following address

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Try the Wildlife Gallery

This response submitted by Mike on 3/14/05 at 4:43 PM. ( ) 207.230.218.92

In Blanchard, MI. They will do what you ask and tan the capes. Tanning is $36 per cape, I don't know what they charge for fleshing.
Their tan is excellent. Good Luck.

Dodge City Cape, Hide & Skull

This response submitted by Jeremy on 3/14/05 at 4:55 PM. ( dodgecitychs@hotmail.com ) 70.97.145.109

We are a full time prep service. We will split, turn, and flesh a deer cape for $25.00. Price includes delivery to East Coast Tannery or Keystone Fur Dressing. Feel free to drop us an e-mail if we can help.

Not to Get on Your Case...

This response submitted by Coyote on 3/14/05 at 6:15 PM. ( coyote@wideopenwest.com ) 69.14.89.168

But why would you take on a project where you don't have the experience or know how. Then come on to taxidermy.net and ask for help. Before you start taking on work, be sure you know how to handle the job, before taking it. That'sxactly what will make you look bad in the long run. Sorry to sound like I'm getting on your case. But all you're doing is making yourself look like an idiot.

Coyote

Prepping time?

This response submitted by Drew on 3/14/05 at 9:55 PM. ( ) 140.226.180.236

You should be able to prep a cape in a couple hours. Then salt it, resalt after 24 hours and then let it dry. Then send it to the Wildlife Gallery or some other tannery and pay the $35 for a commercial tan. Seems like you could find 2 hours to do this. I am part time too, and spent a lot of hours on the weekends out in the unheated garage prepping capes. I turned down 6 mounts this year because I was honest and just told them that I did not have time to get it done in a reasonable amount of time since I was already booked up. First come first serve when you are part-time.

thanks

This response submitted by chad on 3/15/05 at 10:27 AM. ( ) 68.156.171.51

thanks for the advice i really do appreciate it. i will be more selective next year. thanks for not getteing on my case "yote".

Chad

This response submitted by JEM on 3/15/05 at 10:54 AM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

Send em to Dodge City. Jeremy will take good care of you. Think about it, $25 to do a 1 - 2 hour messy job. Isn't it worth it? Also I recommend East Coast Tannery - not saying others are bad just saying I've had good luck with ECT. Good luck Chad.

ALRERADY TALKED TO HIM

This response submitted by CHAD on 3/15/05 at 3:38 PM. ( ) 68.156.171.51

making arrangements now to ship him some hides.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu