Mount Longetivity

Submitted by first one on 3/15/05 at 11:30 PM. ( ) 71.98.8.226

I just mounted my first deer shouoder mount, and I am proud of it. I was wondering what you'all use to keep your mounts from shedding or falling apart in 15 years. I also would like to know if Skunk kleen, the product actually works as a neutralizer as it advertizes. I have a very stinky coyote rug that must be taken care of. After it dried, the smell has substantially gone away.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

they shouldnt

This response submitted by newbirdman on 3/16/05 at 5:12 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.131

Well I'm not sure what you used or how good a job you did fleshing it but if it was done properly , it should last longer than you . They shouldnt shed unless somethings eating them . You shouldnt have to do anything to it except to dust it off know and then . I have some stuff hanging up from 37 years ago still in good shape and thats all I do . Rick

in some museum and collection...

This response submitted by Lorenzo on 3/16/05 at 5:22 AM. ( lorefuma@hotmail.com ) 159.149.102.3

...I have see many 100-150 years old mounts some in very nice condition.
in my personal collectin have some 50-60 years old mounts, and some for the first...49-59years haven't a professinal care like the museum ones but, whit a little of work, now looks docent if not near perfect.
If a mount is done properly and if it have a decent location end some periodical cleaning works and inspection can "live" for more a lifetime(and,I think, forever).Lorenzo

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu