Moldy Clay

Submitted by Rambo on 3/16/05 at 6:44 AM. ( ) 167.23.241.61

I just opened up a newer bag (1 month old) of potters clay and noticed small mold spots. Is the clay safe to use? Should I be doing anything to it before using. Also, critter clay doing the same thing. This bag was never used.

Thanks!

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Me too

This response submitted by Bob Mead on 3/16/05 at 7:37 AM. ( meadtaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 63.162.143.21

I am using a bag that has the same thing. Shouldn't be a problem, though. Scrape the mold off of the surface and spray a little anti-fungicide (like bathroom cleaner) on the remainder and it should be fine. I have been using it with no noticeable problems.

I wonder if you got yours from Research too..?

Bob Mead

Mckinzie

This response submitted by Mike on 3/16/05 at 10:47 AM. ( ) 66.103.229.176

I got some from McKinzie a couple weeks ago that was real wet and gummy. It's the first time I've ever got clay like that before from them. No mold on it yet though.

Critter clay

This response submitted by Thomas on 3/16/05 at 11:25 AM. ( ) 67.200.143.83

I purchased a 5lb. brick of critter clay - white & it has bloches of mold not real bad,usually I buy 1lb. which is the usuall texture of clay but the 5lb. was way softer like playdo.

McKenzie Products

This response submitted by Rambo on 3/16/05 at 3:03 PM. ( ) 167.23.241.61

I did purchase the two from McKenzie recently. Never had a problem in the past, and my work area is cool and dry. So you guys recommend hitting it with a disinfectant spray and still use it on deer modeling?

Thanks Again Dudes!

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu