Butt wrinkles

Submitted by Artie on 3/27/05 at 1:59 PM. ( artiek@voyager.net ) 207.89.155.81

what causes wrinkles to gather in front of the ear butts, and how do I avoid them and or get rid of them.....thanks Artie

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Artie

This response submitted by Mr. T on 3/27/05 at 3:44 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.42

The Good Lord put them there, and you should do you're best to put them back. Put clay underneath the wrinkles, and with a tool, put the creases back in the skin. You will get points from the judge that way. Look at a deer reference picture and you will see the wrinkles in the ear butts.

Get some reference pic!

This response submitted by JOhn C on 3/27/05 at 3:49 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Maybe you should get the Breakthrough Deer manual too.

Look at photos of live deer in the magazines.

Its no wonder we have tons of people asking questions, the reference materials are there in front of them on the mag rack at Wal Mart.

But all most of you beginners are seeing is the rack.

LIVE DEER GIVE GOOD REFERENCE PHOTOS.

Get them you may have to buy mags for the next 20 years but gathering reference is an on goingt progess, it never stops and you can never have it all.

With ears forward...

This response submitted by Craig on 3/27/05 at 3:56 PM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

it forces the skin to bunch together. This is natural based on our Creator's original idea. With ears back or any position that begins to straighten this area out you will notice the hair actually has a number of parts where these creases were.

really.......come on!

This response submitted by larry on 3/27/05 at 7:09 PM. ( ) 65.114.92.157

just think for a minute before you ask a question.

the next one i read will probably be something like..

"what are those long hairy things around the eye hole on deer. they are black and shiny, and they stick out of the skin. i really have a hard time getting them off the skin. does anyone have a good way to get rid of them?"

Hey Larry....or Dick

This response submitted by Artie on 3/28/05 at 7:59 AM. ( artiek@voyager.net ) 207.89.155.83

I know that their is a certain amount of excess skin in front of these ear butts I felt that some of the heads this year had an excessive amount of skin there I thought that maybe I somehow positioned the skull plate too far forward or back or maybe the earliner was not inserted far enough on the back or something, I just didn"t know .I'm just an old man looking to learn something I wasn't sure of.Obviously you are a freaken mental giant who gets his rocks off trying to insult a guy trying to learn some of the finer points.If you don't like a question or you don't have time to answer then simply pass over it.John did spank me a little but he did it the right way. If you think about it it is much easier to be maturely polite than to show everyone that that you are a know it all arsehole that is probably wasn't hugged as a child, or is terribly spoiled.........which is it?.........Dick......you have my name ,you have my email,Artie Kinder,21448 sr93,West Lafayette,Ohio,43845.........ph 740-545-9218 .....now you have every thing you need to tell me how stupid I am

Artie, You need to take...

This response submitted by Craig on 3/28/05 at 11:39 AM. ( ctracker ) 66.66.226.122

some reference measurements prior to skinning those heads. I record the following measurements for antler setting:

From the tip of each mainbeam down to the front corner of each eye. Record both left and right.

Front corner of each eye to the antler base.

These two measurements normally keep me right on the mark for setting antlers.

Artie, You need to take...

This response submitted by Craig on 3/28/05 at 11:40 AM. ( ctracker@rochester.rr.com ) 66.66.226.122

some reference measurements prior to skinning those heads. I record the following measurements for antler setting:

From the tip of each mainbeam down to the front corner of each eye. Record both left and right.

Front corner of each eye to the antler base.

These two measurements normally keep me right on the mark for setting antlers.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu