Kansas Whitetail Hunt

Submitted by Kendall on 4/15/05 at 12:13 AM. ( keshaw@cox.net ) 68.103.96.2

I recently had hunters cancel so I am again offering this opportunity to hunt on private ground in Central Kansas. I am looking for one or possibly two hunters (if 2 want to hunt together) for either muzzleloader, archery or rifle season.
I own 80 acres of heavy bedding area that has two acre food plots within the boundary of trees and two spin feeders towards the perimeter. There is a creek running through the property and feeder creeks entering from three directions. I am also across the road from 100 acres of CRP. I am surrounded by winter wheat, milo, corn and soybeans. I have a great area with allot of deer and a good ratio of bucks to does. If you are interested and would like to see trail cam pictures of some of the bucks in the area let me know. Information on tags can be found at http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/. I also hope to have a few tags available, especially firearms permits in case you don't draw tags.
The cost will be $1500 for a 5-day semi guided hunt. Food and lodging are not included but I can help find you a place to stay. You will hunt 15 minutes from a city of 14,000. I will ask for a $500 deposit to hold your reservation. If you would like to call me at 620-245-0811 during the day I can explain this hunt a little better, especially the acquisition of tags. My e-mail address is keshaw@cox.net.
If you don't like crowded hunting camps or the idea of sitting in stands after someone else was there the day before, then this hunt is for you. You will be the only one hunting this area during your stay. Give me a call!

Thanks
Kendall

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

What unit?

This response submitted by Need more info. on 4/15/05 at 12:18 AM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Grain and CRP everywhere but not always deer. I think for most people who have never hunted Kansas would be what UNIT is the place in.

Kansas Whitetail Hunt in Unit 6

This response submitted by Kendall on 4/15/05 at 1:03 AM. ( ) 68.103.96.2

Sorry, I didn't finish the heading. If anyone is interested in this hunt please give me a call and I'll explain the units and location in more detail. You are correct, in Kansas grain and CRP are everywhere,in addition to great genetics. Our deer herd is in great shape. I hunt this area, so I believe I have an idea of what kind of deer are there, which is why trail cam pictures can be sent to serious inquires.

Kendall

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu