lifesize doe

Submitted by Cathy on 4/17/05 at 12:57 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.200

I'm doing a lifesize doe that is laying down with legs tucked under her. Just the foreward rear stretches out a bit. Does anyone have suggestions for things like, should I try to sew the legs or just tuck the skin into the slots and bends, and if so how do I secure? The rear leg on the backside doesn't even exist underneath, only the haunch and the foreleg that sticks out from under the belly. What do I do with all that skin? This is my first large, LAYING lifesize and ANY pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

cathy

This response submitted by paul on 4/18/05 at 9:03 PM. ( ) 68.83.60.41

sometimes its impossible to sew all the seams, this is especially true when mounting animals with legs tucked underneath their bodies. make your relief cuts in your manikin and after using a good hide paste tuck and brad your skin into position deep into your relief cuts with a long brad pusher, whenever possible to remove a limb to sew and reattach afterwards do it, dont get sloppy and and start tucking and pinning if its not absolutley a must. anyone who's mounted plenty of lifesize biggame in a lying pose has done it, just nobody wants to say it, well now its said! good luck

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu