please help on deer eye

Submitted by oooops on 4/22/05 at 6:42 PM. ( ) 66.216.232.45

what is the best way to fix a deer eye when you cut the back part of the cape ?[eye] i know i can sew but is there a better way when its on the skin part where ther is no hair around the eye, glue maybe ,anyone s help please thanks

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

T Pins

This response submitted by Coot on 4/22/05 at 7:03 PM. ( ) 63.149.216.42

If the hole isnt to big usually you can pin it up making sure you have good hide adhesive and babysit the repair until it dries . If its still noticable, epoxy, blend then paint . This is a fairly easy repair to make with good results . I have no doubt you will do just fine if you take your time .

cooter

This response submitted by maybe the size of a dime on 4/23/05 at 5:07 AM. ( ) 66.216.232.45

the hole is maybe the size of a dime, i will try your idea. i was also thinking of these ideas but like to be open minded. are you sometimes better to not sew and just pin the edges on lets say differnt holes,short hair areas,long haired areas ect...what then would deside what repair a person should make on a hole?provided you have a good amount of glue there to hold it. my stiches are sometimes visible. later i cut the thread out just want to do the very best that i can thank you cooter

small fireline

This response submitted by paul e on 4/23/05 at 10:47 AM. ( americanmetalfab@bellsouth.net ) 68.222.61.220

i think it was Rick Carter who said it
use fireline fishing line and after it dries
the wire can be melted off with a iron or woodburner
should be great for anything on the face especially

its great to have such experts on the site giving their time and
experience

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu