LOCKED ANTLERS

Submitted by murphy on 12/1/05 at 7:33 PM. ( ) 216.166.183.60

I need some creative advice. i have a set of locked antlers and the person wants it mounted europeon style. haven trouble makeing it look right and nice i'm open for all advice and sujustion.
thank all

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

the wood

This response submitted by michael p. on 12/1/05 at 11:05 PM. ( ) 12.179.226.95

the wood in my situation did the creative work for me! got mine from robert martinez @ texas driftwood. the last one i just made a simple roundish base with some statice plant scenery and a driftwood stump in the middle that had 2 short fat wide spread limbs v-ing up and just laid the horns in the middle of the v-customer loved it! season before last, i used one of roberts wide cedar flats so it could be hung on wall or laid on a table. mounted one skull to the base and left the other one suspended in midair. it really emphasized that they were truly LOCKED. just have fun with it and experiment with different base ideas, just be sure and try not to let them slip apart, cause it's a bitch trying to lock them back together!

mount one....

This response submitted by Griz on 12/1/05 at 11:07 PM. ( ) 69.66.87.44

mount one on the wall and the other protruding from the wall at a downward angle, so to still display the racks. it doesn't have to be a side display

or mount it at the center and attach the antlers to the wall instead of the skulls

thanks

This response submitted by murphy on 12/2/05 at 2:51 PM. ( ) 216.166.183.38

thanks for all the good ideas
you guys are the best thanks and merry christmas to all

just a thought

This response submitted by hoopie on 12/3/05 at 7:21 AM. ( ) 172.157.113.75

You could screw several pieces of driftwood together to get the shape you need. How about a corner mount, one on each wall face to face

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu