Anybody know of a good place to order a half lifesize form

Submitted by Brian on 12/9/05 at 8:55 PM. ( ) 24.91.26.20

I shot a nice buck the other day that I want to do a 1/2 lifesize mount on. In a semi-sneak sweep position. I just haven't seen many forms. Do you usually have to buy a full lifesize form and cut the back off and insert a plywood backboard. After tanning he should measure around 7 1/4 x 21. I haven't measure the girth yet. Also when skinning and caping him should I make a relieve cut from the knee down to the ankle on the backside of the legs or the inside of the legs. How easy is it to flesh out the hooves. Thanks any info would be great.
Brian

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

"Suppliers"

This response submitted by Buckeye on 12/9/05 at 9:33 PM. ( ) 70.35.65.210

Click on it at the top of the page. McKenzie, Research Mannikins, Van Dykes and others have them. Good Luck!

1\2 life size Forms

This response submitted by Kevin M. on 12/10/05 at 8:20 AM. ( kssmcclure@wmconnect.com ) 152.163.100.132

[a supply company] Has a real good selection

1/2 life size

This response submitted by Kevin M. on 12/10/05 at 8:23 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.132

Well I put in a supplier but it blocked it out I guess they don't like that one for some reason

Taking out the hoove

This response submitted by cliff k on 12/10/05 at 8:57 AM. ( cliffstaxidermy@comcast.net ) 24.15.107.112

You will need to split the back of the leg where the hair patterns meet,[it also helps hide the seam since the hair is longer. Tak ing out the hoove is a little time consuming but not to hard. I like to split the hoove all the way between the toes then using a scaple start carveing out the bone. Using a flat head screwdriver to dig into the joint I found to be effective.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu