I would like to tell you about some reference, Deer

Submitted by Joey Arender on 12/27/05 at 7:27 PM. ( J32a@aol.com ) 64.12.116.200

It may be here somewhere, But today I went to books a million and picked up two books that are loaded with Whitetail photos. They have them from the front to the back. Facing forward, side, chasing, fighting, licking each other, licking themselves, licking branches. They have photo's of bucks fighting, a few deer breeding, they have photos of deer making rubs, thrashing bushes to remove velvet, they show deer bedded, fawns feeding while mother is grooming them while they are bedded, bucks in velvet, bucks that have just shed. deer jumping fences and just about anything you could ever imagine a deer doing but pooping and I don't recall drinking water.

These two books have crystal clear prints, some are to far to give good reference but most are close enough to get a good ideal how things work.

The first is Leonard Lee Rue III's "Way of The Whitetail" and is priced at 19.95 and has several 8x10 shots that are well worth paying for the entire book it has a some odd 150 pages with photos on just about every page and the one's that don't are made up for the pages that have two or more.

The other Book is "Whitetail Rites of Autumn" by Charles J. Alsheimer this book is priced at 34.99 and has a few above 200 pages with photos on just about every page. The # of 8x10 shots aren't nearly the same as the first book but the action photos in this book more than make up for it.

Just thought I would share, since I have spent enough $ on mags. to have paid for either of these books; if not both, and have not found near the amount of photos.
Joey Arender

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Was going to add for any of you

This response submitted by Joey Arender on 12/27/05 at 7:42 PM. ( j32a@aol.com ) 64.12.116.132

whitetail hunters out there. I will let you know if the text is as good as the photos in a couple days or so. If you want just email me to let me know if you are intrested. I just like looking at photos first. lol

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu