how often do ineed to change blades

Submitted by bob on 12/29/05 at 2:56 AM. ( ) 205.188.117.6

I bought a flesh-all mini flesher, and love it. just wondering how long the blade will last. I have done 14 deer and 2 coyotes with it so far. one deer was with the blade on backwards "oops". the blade is only a little duller then when i got it. it even seems better that way. i was just wondering when i should plan on getting a new blade. thanks for the input.
bob

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Flesher Blade

This response submitted by Jon S on 12/29/05 at 7:15 AM. ( ) 208.23.177.75

If you got a new blade and compared it to the old one, you can see how worn the teeth are on the old blade. But it doesn't seem to make any difference to the performance. I've used the same blade for years. I guess you could work until the teeth wear completely off.

backwards

This response submitted by Todd Adams on 12/29/05 at 12:02 PM. ( ) 151.204.251.238

just wondering how do you know when the blade is on backwards?

About 40

This response submitted by Randall on 12/29/05 at 1:05 PM. ( ) 209.240.205.60

I do about 40 capes before putting on a new blade. I have 2 tools and use the old duller blade in the other one for bobcats,fox,yotes and for the nose and eye fleshing. As for as the blade being on backwards, as it turns around the teeth should be facing foward like a skill saw blade.They sometimes ship them on backwards I think.Could not do without mine. Randall

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu