Antler cover

Submitted by toby on 4/4/06 at 9:34 PM. ( tobyatacura@aol.com ) 64.12.116.132

I ordered synthetic antler covers from McKenzie. There is a formula you use to cut them to fit over the antler burrs, but they did not send it to me with my order. Does anyone have this available that they could share with me?
Thanks!

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

I'd like to know too

This response submitted by outdoorslover on 4/4/06 at 9:59 PM. ( ) 216.188.206.76

I'd like to know the same thing also.

are you?

This response submitted by outdoorslover on 4/4/06 at 10:07 PM. ( ) 216.188.206.76

Are you supposed to cut them to fit over the burrs? Mine said you weren't supposed to, but that's the only way it would work for me.

forget those pre made things

This response submitted by Bobbi Meyer on 4/5/06 at 11:00 AM. ( bwartistry@earthlink.net ) 168.166.80.209

I can't ever get em to fit right. I order the egg shaped antler forms, then screw the antlers to them, mache over that till so it's all one level,then cover them with some synthetic poly fill ( the kind you use in quilts ) cover that with suede and finish around the burrs with rope or whatever you like, then screw it to the panel from the back. I think it just looks more professional and it's really pretty easy.

what do you think

This response submitted by outdoorslover on 4/5/06 at 1:36 PM. ( ) 216.188.206.1

of the kits for the leather mounts? They seem nice enough to me. Are they worth the money?

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu