More and more doe heads

Submitted by Hogger on 4/10/06 at 5:13 AM. ( ) 72.234.131.148

I've noticed that I'm getting more and more customers bringing me doe heads to mount. Pretty much 100% are customers who want a doe head next to an existing buck mount. This is something that 5 years ago I never saw. I know it's not extremely unusual. Just seems it's becoming more and more common here. Any of you do very many doe heads? I kind of like'em myself because without the racks the observer has only the beauty of the critter itself without the influence of a big rack.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

wonder...

This response submitted by Matt on 4/10/06 at 7:01 AM. ( ) 165.252.77.3

if it has anything to do with the little article in the McKenzie catalog. They were promoting getting more does mounted. Personally I didn't get any does this year.

I'll Guarantee...

This response submitted by Old Fart on 4/10/06 at 9:26 AM. ( ) 64.122.57.3

... If you put one on display in your shop next to a buck, you'll get some to do.

Old Fart is right

This response submitted by Matt on 4/10/06 at 9:26 PM. ( ) 207.69.137.40

I mounted one to display with a nice buck in the showroom and sure enough, the first year it was there I did 5 that season. I do a couple every year. When your customers have a chance to see how beautiful a nice mature doe is mounted, they really consider having one done.

Big is Beautiful

This response submitted by Paula - Student on 4/10/06 at 10:39 PM. ( ) 72.161.235.100

There is no dought that this is a true statement 2 years ago my husband shot a Poper and we have been just waiting to find the right one. This year his dad shot a big beautiful doe that has a 19 inch neck. The largest form that we have found is 13 inches for a doe. She field dressed at over 185 pounds. We can hardly wait to get her done for her to complement the big buck.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu