I NEED A NEW

Submitted by Lance on 4/29/06 at 8:50 AM. ( murph412000@yahoo.com ) 67.142.130.29

air brush... can you guys please let me know what type and where to buy? I've been airbrushing with a pasche for years but seems like I have to replace at least once every couple yrs. I mainly finish gameheads. I'm very familar with the single action and have never used the dual action. I'm very satisfied with the single action but need a good quality brush. Any help would be appriciated. Oh yea, did look in the archives and yes there is a lot there, but thought there might be someone out there that has a quick answer without having to buy and go through all the trial and error ...
Thanks guys,
Lance!

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Lance, I've never heard of that with anyone

This response submitted by George on 4/29/06 at 9:29 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.134

I've had the same Paasche H-1 for almost 35 years now. I have a second one that hangs beside it at the spray booth that must be 25. Why are you replacing it? Or are you talking about the color mixing nozzle? I use mine for everything and use it every day. That part gets replaced once ever 2 years or so, but it gets cleaned thoroughly each time I use the brush. It only costs $10 or so to replace the part.

www.dixieart.com

This response submitted by Robert Cain on 4/29/06 at 9:30 AM. ( deerhunter_bc@yahoo.com ) 12.208.60.198

try this one, good prices, fast service!

A great airbrush is the Iwata HP BC

This response submitted by Bill@Hog Heaven on 4/29/06 at 11:57 AM. ( ) 24.59.215.89

I had the single action Pasche for years. Wouldnt take one as a gift now.

Paasche VL

This response submitted by jrosbor on 4/29/06 at 12:01 PM. ( huntersdream3x@hotmail.com ) 64.73.36.192

I have a VL-3 with the 1 and 5 needles also. It is a good (Not great) double action airbrush. I don't think double action brushes are worth the hype over a single action on gameheads. I bought it to replace an aztek that wasn't worth two squirts of pi$$. Joe

You go, Joe LOL

This response submitted by George on 4/29/06 at 3:11 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.134

Let's see here. WASCO sells all three.
Iwata $180
Aztec $100
Paasche $30
Sounds simple enough for me. I know most of us old OLD farts still use the H series. Cecil doesn't fit that bill, but I know he does as well. Must be an "age" thing, huh? LOL

What did I do?

This response submitted by jrosbor on 4/29/06 at 5:53 PM. ( huntersdream3x@hotmail.com ) 64.73.36.192

Here is how it happend...
Years ago, I went to the auto parts store to get an air brush. I ended up leaving with an Aztek single action. I went back the same day and asked for a refund and bought an Aztek double action for about $30.00 I used it for a year or so trying to get the hang of it with no luck. Then a couple years ago a young lady art student brought in a paasche vl 3 card set and sold it to me for $10.00 (She must have been a "starving artist" or something) I used it that day and fell in love with it! Unfortunetly she came back a few days later and asked me to sell it back to her. I was nice and did. Later that day I went to the hobby lobby at the mall and bought a Paasche VL-3 set with the 1 and 5 needles. I have used it ever since and like it. I would love to have a set of 4 or 5 Paashe H air brushes set up on a manifold with diferent colors for doing deer. Only because it would be faster to not have to dink around with changing colors all the time. You kids have fun! Joe

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu