rack treatment again

Submitted by dan on 4/29/06 at 4:47 PM. ( ) 12.217.22.31

Hey, I talked to a guy today who had a skull and rack up on his wall that was absolutely pristine and I asked him how he got it that way. He told me that he just sank it in a farm pond for about 6 or 7 months and the fish ate everything off it. He said that he didn't do a thing to it after that. It looked great! weird huh.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Well

This response submitted by J Best on 4/29/06 at 6:40 PM. ( mrjwbest@yahoo.com ) 64.70.24.58

Probably just a large scale maceration for the most part.

If there wasn't the risk of an animal running off with the skull, it would be a preferred method I'm sure, as it would not require the less than pleasant water changes.

Insane

This response submitted by whitey fisk on 4/29/06 at 6:58 PM. ( ) 4.154.51.239

You would have to be insane to soak a customers skull in a pond. There are too many things that could go wrong and you could lose the rack or mess it up. Boil the damn thing in sal soda and take a dremel tool, get the meat off you cant scrub off with a tooth brush and shut up.

Whitey

This response submitted by J Best on 4/29/06 at 7:22 PM. ( mrjwbest@yahoo.com ) 64.70.24.58

You have fun replacing the calcium in your skulls with the sal soda bud.

By the way, if you post an address, maybe someone local can provide somewhere where you go get a few anger management classes.

Crimony..lol

Can't we all just get along!?

This response submitted by buck with pond treated rack on 4/30/06 at 3:01 PM. ( ) 12.215.62.206

only thing I hate is I have to hold my breath a looooooong time!

whitey fisk

This response submitted by buck on 4/30/06 at 9:26 PM. ( ) 71.54.94.11

is rite just dont boil to long . one hour then check .remove meat& rins good , degrease,&whiten,wa la $$$$$$$$$$$

Why?

This response submitted by Joe on 5/1/06 at 4:30 PM. ( ) 169.204.225.252

why dont you just tack the damd thing to a fire ant pile and they will eat all the crap off it. people do this everywhere in my parts of the country.

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu