texturing deer noses

Submitted by Dr. Magilicuty on 4/30/06 at 10:08 PM. ( ) 67.1.97.100

Are you guys doing this dabbing method on whitetail customer mounts or just competition? After entering my first competition this weekend, I learnt a lot. And I learned that one has to do this for comp. I would think this would be kinda tedious on customer mounts. Then again I haven't done a nose like this yet so don't really know how long it takes. Anyways I picked up some Krylon Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze along with a EZ-Nose Texturing System#2 at a vendor booth. I have 6 custemor deer heads about to go out the door just wondering if I shouldn't go back and incorparate this product. Also any tips to useing it?

Thanks

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu

Mod Podge

This response submitted by whitey fisk on 4/30/06 at 10:29 PM. ( whiteyfisktaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 4.154.50.27

I texture all my customers deer's noses with modpodge. If you dont texture with mod podge your not working to improve your work.

I use Paul Borkowski's method

This response submitted by George on 4/30/06 at 11:50 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.117.69

And I do it for all my customers' mounts. PERSONALLY, I think you wasted your money, but that's just MY OPINION.

Come on now

This response submitted by Dr. Magilicuty on 5/1/06 at 12:58 AM. ( dspeters@highstream.net ) 67.1.100.188

Don't tell me I wasted my money before I even started. Could you elaborate on this Paul Borkowski method for me please thanks. If you want to keep it secretive drop me a email.

Thanks

Paul Markets EZ Nose

This response submitted by George on 5/1/06 at 9:57 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.117.69

They are four small bottles filled with a texturing fluid that he also sells. You put each "dimple" on individually in random patterns. The Dan-D-Noser was once described by Leanna Nelson on here as a "freakin rasberry maker". Visit Paul's website, Blue Ribbon Supply at www.taxitools.net.

simple

This response submitted by Elmer on 5/1/06 at 9:58 AM. ( Tops ) 152.163.100.69

I use the E-Z noser I do it for all my customers what works for me is once deer is dry. get the E-z Noser going you can guide the rebuild of the nodules with it I would not do it any other way since I started using it. Once you have the nodules rebuilt let them dry then with a artist brush coat the nose with a fine coat that will fill in between the nodules and blend them together ,you are filling in the gaps. That works for me there are other technigues done with the artist brush etc. try it and see.

Liquatex is numro Uno

This response submitted by Paul B on 5/1/06 at 12:38 PM. ( bears@att.net ) 24.236.222.110

Liqatex is about the best product to use with the bottle applicators (E-Z Nose). I'm sure other products (sobo glue, modge podge,ultra seal, ect.) will work, but the Liquatex will work with even the smallest #1 bottle. It also stays were you apply it, no migration or shrinkage.

Anyone who uses them and has any questions please call me 616 677 5738 and I will give my instuctions for use and storage.

Paul B

Paul's system is great!

This response submitted by paul k on 5/1/06 at 4:13 PM. ( ) 68.57.28.101

I always textured my customers nose's, and they do see the difference! I used to use the tedious method of applying modge podge with a tooth pic and syringe. Paul's system cuts the application time down to about 5 mins. and a good looking job also.

George

This response submitted by Randy on 5/1/06 at 8:11 PM. ( whitetail@sssnet ) 24.140.78.246

Itried to get on taxitools.com nothing happens but that name comes up in big red letters thanks

.net

This response submitted by John P. on 5/1/06 at 8:15 PM. ( sfcooner@aol.com ) 71.54.157.44

Randy, it's .net, not .com (I did the same mistake at first).

www.taxitools.net

I appreciate all the help

This response submitted by Dr. Magilicuty on 5/2/06 at 2:00 PM. ( ) 67.1.100.153

Got my first nose drying looks great.

Pauls method is a no-brainer

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 5/2/06 at 11:06 PM. ( ) 67.138.14.55

Which explains why I use it! All kidding aside, Paul showed me what he was doing a couple years ago, and Ive been doing it his way, exclusively, ever since. And I used to like how my nose pads looked before!

Return to Deer Taxidermy Category Menu