Mounted Deer Head Restoration

Submitted by sunshine765 on 10/2/99. ( hallman@dfsi.net ) 204.49.105.133

I have an eight point deer head that has been in storage for about seven years. When I went to get it out, someone had removed it from its protective coverings. The nose has been partially chewed off and the eye sockets have been chewed around on and missing some lashes. Is it possible to have something like this restored? Thanks!

Return to Category Menu

not really...

This response submitted by Pacemakr on 10/2/99. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net ) 209.240.200.75

I restore a lot of things, and the nose is not too hard, but when the skin around the eyes are torn and the lashes are damaged, he's probably bought the farm. I'd wait to get another deer with small head bones and use the old horns, making a whole new mount.

not really...

This response submitted by Pacemakr on 10/2/99. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net ) 209.240.200.75

I restore a lot of things, and the nose is not too hard, but when the skin around the eyes are torn and the lashes are damaged, he's probably bought the farm. I'd wait to get another deer with small head bones and use the old horns, making a whole new mount.
You could use him for practice first, just in case you can fix such a thing. I'd like to know how.

CAPES

This response submitted by JACK BAKER, GA. on 10/5/99. ( ) 167.192.80.31

YOU CAN GO TO A DEER PROCESSING PLANT AND PICK UP A CAPE PRETTY CHEAP
MOST OF THE TIME, ABOUT $10 OR LESS AND USE YOUR RACK FOR A NEW MOUNT.

Return to Category Menu