whitetail verses mulie

Submitted by craig on 10/10/99. ( ) 139.134.157.56

just out of curiosity are whitetail and mule deer shoulder forms the same if say i was to use a change out head of a mulie on a whitetail form, are the neck shoulders ect the same in both species

Return to Category Menu

Not really...

This response submitted by Pacemakr on 10/10/99. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net ) 209.240.200.43

I'd call Sallie Dahmes at WASCO (1-800-336-8012). She knows everything there is to know about the subject. Forms are only $25.00 or so, so I wouldn't personally risk it.

Keep in mind...

This response submitted by Court on 10/11/99. ( ) 207.200.50.54

...that a mulie has a hump nose and drooping jowls compared to
a whitetail.

It just depends.......

This response submitted by Lars Jensen on 10/11/99. ( judithmt@lewistown.net ) 206.127.67.102

How critical are you for the style of work you are presenting.Basically, yes both deer have necks, shoulders, arm-pits,etc....and a Muledeer will slide on to a Whitetail form , if you don't care about the real differances.Good referance material will provide you with the info.I use McKenzies WT wall ped with a Muledeer change-out head.I like to make the neck slightly longer and deepen the brisket to square it's profile...then I think it looks more "Mule-ish".It could use deeper and broader shoulders, but I reached my acceptence quota before going to that degree of altering the form.

NO!!!!!!!

This response submitted by G on 10/13/99. ( ) 63.27.66.49

There Is a big difference between a mule deer and a whitetail. from the face to the neck to the brisket. nothing is the same! use a good quality mule deer form from someone who knows mule deer, like Jonas. they have some of the best mulie froms around. Good luck with it and keep up the quality!

Return to Category Menu