Speed Septums

Submitted by Jim on 10/10/99. ( ) 207.204.132.30

I have to ?'s What do you guys think of speed septums for competion?

and I'm in desprate need of a paint schedule for around white tail eyes. Every thing I try does not seem to match my referance pictures.

Return to Category Menu

Ever try this?

This response submitted by Bob on 10/10/99. ( ) 204.186.10.122

Have you ever tried using the economy septums? ie: the textured part of a plastic 1 gallon milk container. It works great and the price is unbeatable. I've used this method for as long as I have been doing deer. Give it a try....looks great.

painting

This response submitted by frank on 10/10/99. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 152.163.189.193

What colors are you using? You may be putting your colors on to hard. Colors vary at the time of year the deer is shot. WASCO has good paint schedules for eyes. Try to vary the color of browns a lightler hue instead of dark browns and blacks. Or try eye make-up. This works also until the wife needs eye shawdow.

Milk jugs for competition???

This response submitted by JimTucker on 10/13/99. ( bigjims@wilkshire.net ) 207.206.44.3

Milk jug septums will work but I would not try to compete with one especially in the WT deer category. Buckeye Mannikins sells many versions from cheap simple septums to full competition replacement noses. They are all great. As to your paint ?. Sounds like your putting on too much paint . Try cutting back like Bob said.

Eyes

This response submitted by Ron Ream on 1/10/00. ( rream@usd.edu ) 164.154.63.196

If you contact Hydromist they have paint schedules for fish and it also contains antelope and WT deer.

Return to Category Menu