scale tipping

Submitted by wondering on 6/1/01. ( ) 206.150.166.42

I am wondering if someone can describe exactly what is meant by scale tipping. Checked the archives but can't find anything that actually describes what you are doing.

Return to Category Menu

Correctly coloring each scale with one or more colors.

This response submitted by John C on 6/1/01. ( ) 208.44.115.63

Many people tip scales in many ways and with a variety of colors from sivelr to golds to blues. to be done correctly they should in most cases be carefully blended.

John C

This response submitted by wondering on 6/1/01. ( ) 63.27.81.46

Is each scale painted individually, or is tipping just adding a tint over the other colors?

Tipping

This response submitted by Headhanger on 6/2/01. ( gsc@crcom.net ) 65.198.128.125

Wondering,

I am by no stretch of the imagination a fountain of knowledge but maybe I can shed some light on your dilema. Tipping the scales means adding a 'highlight' of color to each scale individually. This can be done with an airbrush, paint brush, or marker. Not all the scales will be tipped, you should do it in a random fashion. Also, you don't want the tipping to appear too crisp. While it's still wet, lightly rub it with your finger to soften the edges. The color of the tipping will depend on the species of fish to be mounted and the location of the scales on that fish. If you have any further questions, email me and I'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Headhanger

I like to use two color and hanb brush them on.

This response submitted by John C on 6/2/01. ( ) 208.44.115.42

two shades of metallics. Using a small artist brush. a spot of paint and and blend it in.

Return to Category Menu