EPO GRIP ADHESIVE LIFE

Submitted by joe on 6/5/01. ( ) 216.40.170.61

does anyone know the self life of epo grip adhesive i bought some awhile ago and i went to use it to seal my trout head. when i opened part A the stuff was hard as a rock but part B was still good. just wondering is there any way to soft'n part A or shall i just dump the stuff.

Return to Category Menu

Joe, which product?

This response submitted by George on 6/5/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.96.204

As Epo-Grip is the name of many of the adhesives, I need to know which one. Both the injectable and the Liquid Fast set have a tendency for the molecules to align when left unused for long periods. You can cure this very quickly with a microwave. Don't smoke it now, just enough to agitate the molecules. The hide paste and the putties will harden if not kept in airtight containers. Microwaving them CAN work, but this is a short term fix as the liquid portion has been absorbed by the filler or evaportated. Contact Steve at Newton Supply 800-888-2467 on the specific product and he'll tell you how it can be fixed.

Thanks George!

This response submitted by Steve Steinbring on 6/6/01. ( ) 206.251.198.42

Joe,

George is correct! Give us a call so we can know which product it is and what the problem is. I'm sure there is a easy fix for it. Give me call me at 800-888-2467.

george

This response submitted by joe on 6/6/01. ( ) 216.40.170.150

i bought it from rhineharts its says [GREASE STOPPER} TROUT HEAD EPOXY i hope this helps thanks

Liquid Fast Set

This response submitted by George on 6/6/01. ( ) 152.163.188.7

Nuke it for a few seconds. It'll be fine.

thanks

This response submitted by joe on 6/7/01. ( ) 216.40.171.177

george you were right every thing is o.k. thanks again

Return to Category Menu