Replica recommendations

Submitted by Jim on 6/3/02. ( jcleve2@rochester.rr.com ) 66.66.111.170

I caught a 5 lb+ smallmouth in Ontario last week. I want a mount, but 2 problems; Out of season and I believe in catch and release regardless.

So I need a replica, and I want it as close as possible to the actual fish I caught. It was an unusually broad and thick for a smallie. I'd also like something a bit artistic and out of the ordinary.

Any recommendations for high quality work? Thanks in advance.

Jim

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

Not ARP'S

This response submitted by John C on 6/3/02. ( ) 64.216.172.104

I seldom dont recommend something, but while ARPS bodies are good the fins totally suck. I would see what Ron Rynolds has. They are beetr fins wise. Check with Beverly in Texas for her line.

fisherman's tale

This response submitted by Dave Toms on 6/3/02. ( ) 66.109.131.155

I think Dave has a nice smallie form around 5 pounds

DT

Realfish By Ron Reynolds

This response submitted by MarkV. on 6/3/02. ( ) 207.230.203.152

Ron Reynolds of Catch and release Taxidermy has some excellent replicas of Smallmouth bass. Check out his website on the Taxidermy net. Im sure he will have one to fit your description, Mark

Jim

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 6/4/02. ( ) 64.12.96.134

Im not sure if you are a taxidermist or a customer, but I believe we live close to each other. If you are looking for top of the line fish work, try Rick Streeter @ 315-524-0020. Thats without a doubt your very best local bet. My other name would be George Dante from NJ. If youre local, look me up and Ill get you "hooked up".

Bill

This response submitted by Jim on 6/4/02. ( jcleve2@rochester.rr.com ) 66.66.111.170

Bill;

Thanks for the reply. I think I confused you and other responders. No, I am not a taxidermist, just a customer looking for a replica.

Does Streeter do replicas? His mounts are excellent; I have 4 of them, submitted through Scorzas in East Rochester; a pike, steelhead, brown trout, and chinook salmon. He does realistic fins, fully detailed mouths, and finishes both sides of the mount.

If Gary does replicas, I think he may get my business again, provided he can match the size of my bass.

Jim

Jim

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 6/4/02. ( ) 64.12.96.134

Feel free to call me @ 637-2450, Im in Brockport. Rick Streeter would be my choice...

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu