liquid lysol, water, and whatelse?

Submitted by sam wagaman on 6/4/02. ( ) 64.41.45.99

I have recently heard of a fish cureing method and kinda forgot what all was involved .lol guess i should of wrote it down, but anyhow what is a good method for doing skin mounts and cureing the fish after i have the fish fleshed out ?

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

Here we go.

This response submitted by Todd B on 6/4/02. ( tddbuch@aol.com ) 205.188.208.101

there are probably a 1000 posts in the archives about this. Did you look there? I should not do this You need to learn to check the search on your own but here it is anyways.
1 gallon of water
1 cup of Borax
1/4 cup zinc sulphate
1 capful of Lysol
There are probably other variations of that mix in the archives.
Todd B

HERE'S A TIP

This response submitted by TODD T on 6/4/02. ( ) 205.188.208.101

THE INGREDIENTS POSTED BY TODD B. IS A GOOD ONE, ANOTHER THING I HAVE FOUND THAT IS GOOD TO DO IS SOAK THE FISH BEFORE YOU SKIN IT IN DENATURED ALCOHOL FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES, THIS WILL TIGHTEN UP THE SCALES AND YOU'LL HAVE LESS SCALE LOSS FROM OVERHANDLING THE FISH.

Todd B.

This response submitted by Will on 6/4/02. ( wvrichmond@aol.com ) 172.164.63.235

quit being such an A-hole Todd B.

Will

This response submitted by Derek on 6/4/02. ( crochunter@alltel.net ) 166.102.183.180

Will, I don't think Todd was being an a-hole, if you only new how many times that was already answered you might not have been so quick to judge yourself, all his asking is some of the new people take the initiative and at least try to find the answer themselves, if everyone just came on here and didn't try to find the answer themselves, you would have these questions everyday, hell we already do, just another new guy trying to learn this art, Derek

Leave the Zinc sulfate out and...

This response submitted by Cecil Baird on 6/4/02. ( ) 63.115.128.143

part of being new is you may not know about the archives yet. Yeah, I know it's right there on the weg page but I'm sure we've all missed a sign or something in print because there is so much information in front of you. We all have to start somewhere.

As to the zinc sulfate. I used zinc sulfate once and didn't see any advantage. Just another chemical to buy.

By the way

This response submitted by Cecil Baird on 6/4/02. ( ) 63.115.128.143

If this was the first time Sam was on this site and he didn't scroll to the bottom of the page he wouldn't have know about the archives. So don't be so judgemental.

Thanks Derek

This response submitted by Todd B on 6/4/02. ( tddbuch@aol.com ) 64.12.96.70

Looks like Will is the A-HOLE.

professionals.thanks

This response submitted by sam wagaman on 6/5/02. ( ) 64.41.45.217

Sorry for such a big amount of question's on my part. like i;ve explained before i am still learning as i go about the art. my fault about not being more abservant on the web page and finding things on my own. and for the Todd fellow. sorry i;m not the professional. you are. thanks to everyone else for there replys. sam.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu