Yellow Perch

Submitted by Al on 6/23/02. ( woodchuck@outdoors.net ) 63.159.197.254

I have a 3 inch yellow perch that i would like to incorperate into a scene with a northern pike.My question is,would it be easier to try to do a standard mount,or could it possibly be injected with preserve-it(or other wise preserved)or cast it somehow.It seems like it may be difficult to skin it.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,Al

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

Buy one

This response submitted by Doug on 6/23/02. ( seibert@usol.com ) 64.18.236.199

Al,
Rather than go to the trouble of trying to deal with the little pot licker you have, I'd suggest you buy a freeze dried one...eh? There are vendors who sell them ready to paint and already finished. Check out Matuska Taxidermy or Hide and Beak. Good luck.

make a

This response submitted by steve on 6/24/02. ( ) 216.195.185.243

small reproduction....it's easy and alot cheaper than getting it freeze dried. Check out search and you'll find a way to do it using GE silicon. Remember cut off you fins first, card them , and dry them. You can use them on the repro.

Repro Not easier

This response submitted by Elmer on 6/24/02. ( Topstaxidermy@aol.com ) 152.163.188.227

Reproduction of a fish is a little more than getting a freeze dried one and painting it. The ammount of time you have in molding casting and painting is a lot more than painting a freeze dried one. I have done a skin mount on 3 inch perch and a 3 inch bluegill it can be done tedious though.

Thanks

This response submitted by Al on 6/25/02. ( woodchuck@outdoors.net ) 65.132.182.129

Thanks for the feedback,I appreciate it.Think i might go ahead and try to skin mount it.

Thanks again,Al

gonna need a tiny tool

This response submitted by Jason on 6/26/02. ( jasondennis@alltel.net ) 166.102.174.148

Some tiny snips will come in handy. Just scrape it out the best you can, and it'll turn out fine.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu