Need Help Having a Replica of a Chain Pickerel Mounted

Submitted by Joe Berlesky on 02/11/2003. ( joeb21@aol.com ) 64.12.96.202

My 18 year old son caught a very large Chain Pickerel ice fishing here in New Jersey over the weekend of 02/8-9/2003.

Of course, as luck would have it, we did not have a camera available, knowing the fish would die while obtaining one we estimated its length ect, and he decided to let it live and threw it back. Proud of him for that. So I wanted to have a replica of the catch.

My research of NJ State records indicate this species to be a record at 9lbs 3oz. My estimate of the catch is 28 inches and approximately 7 to 8 lbs. Using a fish calculator I found on-line a Pike at 28 inches is approximately 6 1/4 lbs.

Although I do not have the girth measurements I estimate the belly of the fish at 12 to 14 inches.

My question is: With the above estimates can anyone assist me in a obtaining a finished replica of the fish?

My initial attempts in finding anyone providing this service for a Chain Pickerel has not been good. In fact, Perma Trophy Game Fish replicas has informed me that they have never seen one and have no idea where I should go.

Please, if anyone has information I would appreciate a reply. I want to get this in support of his decision to allow the fish to be caught another day. I am planning another camping trip for April 2003 to the same Lake where he caught it. I was hoping to give him the mounted fish in the spot where he caught "The Big One."

Thank you,

Joe Berlesky

PS. If you need to contact me by phone my cell is 732-690-0520

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

right under your nose!

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 02/12/2003. ( ) 205.188.208.172

George Dante is right in Totowa, NJ. Call him at 1-973-790-1515. He is easily one of the very best at replicas, and Ive seen a ton of them.

Return to the Current Fish Taxidermy Category Menu