southern crappie

Submitted by trudyjean on 02/24/2003. ( trudyjean82@hotmail.com ) 162.39.198.62

I am new to this an have already checked the archives and couldn't find my answer. I am in the Southwest Ga area and was needing a good and simple paint schedule for crappie. Don't know if it matters whether the crappie is the same no matter if it's from the north or south. I see a lot of northern responses on here, so don't know if the schedules listed on this site would be the same no matter where u are. The one I am attempting is a female and has more of a green and black look to me. This will be my first one, and don't know what paints to buy. Before ordering anything I was hoping to get some feedback from you'all. I am on a budget and didn't want to buy unneeded paints. I was strongly looking towards the Lifetone Laquer ones. Also is there any taxidermist near the GA/AL line that would be willing to spend some time with me so I could get some hands on. TIA, trudyjean

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

What if I'm a southerner who lives up north

This response submitted by George on 02/24/2003. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.209.138

How does a "northern" answer differ from a "southern" one? A southern taxidermist from Alabama is just like one from Michigan until he opens his mouth I assume. Go to the WASCO catalog and buy yourself a Fish Encyclopedia. If you do fish, you need one. THEN all you have to do is decide if it's a WHITE crappie or a BLACK one.

Thanks

This response submitted by trudyjean on 02/24/2003. ( same as above ) 162.39.198.189

Thanks George! I have an order for WASCO, but was wanting to make sure from the more exerienced taxi's before I ordered. I do have a paint schedule on that order and wanted to get some paints at the same time if possible.

Trudyjean

This response submitted by The Rookie on 02/26/2003. ( NaturesTrophies@aol.com ) 205.188.209.138

Black,Dark Brown, White,Irredescent gold,Irredescent Blue,Irredescent Green,Bright yellow, and gold sparkle. These colors were suggested to me at one time (Grouseman) and may work for you to. Good luck. Jeff

Return to the Current Fish Taxidermy Category Menu