Okay Cecil....what kind of

Submitted by Ron on 02/23/2004 at 23:05. ( )

dam gloss do you put on your fish for crying out loud.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

I'm using Dan Rinehart's Aquaclear

This response submitted by Cecil on 02/23/2004 at 23:31. ( )

which is just his label on an automotive acrylic urethane product. I also have some of WASCO's competition clear coat and it is good too.

I've used them all and these two give me the best results and less problems. I would have taken TenBears advice and used the automotive Ditzler product he recommends that you can buy locally, but they won't sell me less than a gallon and it's over $200.00 for a gallon here.

I used Dan't product on a couple of pedestal brookies I sent to New York and I was able to handle them in a couple of days and the clear coat build up was nice and wet and thick.

okay okay I take it back

This response submitted by Ron on 02/23/2004 at 23:41. ( )

but you are getting meaner. What do you think of liquid crystal. Also what is the real name of this automotive acrylic stuff. Is it a spray can product, or do you apply it with an airbrush. Also I quess I should ask are you any good at fish. You could be giving me bad advice.

No I suck at fish

This response submitted by Cecil on 02/23/2004 at 23:51. ( )

I'm not even a taxidermist but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

I don't know the real name. Do you really think Dan would let that out? LOL

It's a 4:1 ratio product. You measure it out, mix it together and spray it on. I use the caps on the containers to measure it out. 4 of one and one of the other. No brushing that I know of.

I lied I haven't gone to bed yet. Now I will.

Good night John Boy

This response submitted by Ron on 02/23/2004 at 23:53. ( )

or is it Sue Ellen? HMMMMMMM Thanks

I'd rather sleep with Sue Ellen!

This response submitted by Cecil on 02/24/2004 at 00:02. ( )

Whoops! Sorry, got carried away.

Thanks Cecil!(LMAO)

This response submitted by The Rookie on 02/24/2004 at 00:10. ( )

That was a good one, and I'll see ya at the Holiday Inn in a couple weeks.(convention) Finally got my taxi. license in the mail today. Only took 2 months this year! And Ron, Cecil is a little "odd" in the industry category but actually gives great advise when dealing with fish. Truth- Jeff F.

sorry Cecil

This response submitted by b bishop on 02/24/2004 at 00:12. ( )

this is 2004 , Sue Ellen is sleeping with Mary Jane so you will have Jim Bob ! sleep tight ! literally ! LOL

Rookie, I may not be there this time for the first time

This response submitted by Cecil on 02/24/2004 at 00:44. ( )

in years. I'm burned out on competitions for a while. I just don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling about competing or going to shows anymore.

Yeah, I got my license today too. Maybe I should get back to doing taxidermy again. LOL

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu