Gary Bowens fish gloss (to all you old farts!)

Submitted by Mike G. on 02/24/2004 at 01:23. ( ) 12.32.34.31

I knew that would get you perked up. I was just wondering since I have been using Gary Bowens super fish gloss and I think it is great am I somewhat missing the boat? I just have'nt heard much about it on this forum (Gary's gloss that is ). Thanks old farts.

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu

Mike, I had nothing but problems with it the last

This response submitted by Cecil 63.115.128.181 on 02/24/2004 at 02:26. ( ) 63.115.128.176

cans I used and you really don't get much product for what you pay. But if it works for you more power to you.

Same here

This response submitted by George on 02/24/2004 at 08:39. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.252.164

I keep a can in the shop for other "quickie" jobs, but I don't use it on my fish. For some reason, it seems to break down my paint unless it's misted for several coats first(I use acrylic paint) and maybe that's because I'm a gasoline ass and want my fish glossed the day after I paint them. I use Epo-Grip Ultra Clear on my fish and I hear others using the polyurethanes and car finishes on theirs. I use Liquid Crystal on my deer eyes. As Cecil stated, if it works for you, by all means there's no need for you to change.

Problems with it here, too

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 02/24/2004 at 10:00. ( myers.ark@direcway.com ) 66.82.9.11

Used to use it all the time, but the last couple of cans I've gotten, I've had problems with a milky finish. Temp/humidity/etc. don't seem to make a difference. I bought some high gloss spray at Hobby Lobby ("triple-thick"...don't know the brand off-hand).

Thanks for the input

This response submitted by Mike G. on 02/24/2004 at 10:20. ( ) 12.32.34.28

Another taxi friend of mine also said he sometimes will get a couple of cans that are nothing but a pain in the but. My times coming for one I just know it (and because I have 3 more cans to use up).

Return to Fish Taxidermy Category Menu